Contribute
Register

Skylake, Sierra and the ErP enable function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
ErP, ErP, ErP!

I finally got Sierra on my new build, an iMac 17.1. I wrestled for about a week with no success, until I read about the ErP function in bios. At this point I'm in Sierra, multibeast'd, successful restarts, and now I'm on the update and hopefully I'll be able to restart when complete.

Thanks go out to Tonymac86 and the numerous experts on this site, whenever I google something about my systems Tmac pops up, thanks again. I could not have done it without you, let alone dream of coming close.

My Build
Gigabyte Z170M D3H DDR4
Intel i5 6500 Skylake
16 gb 2400mz Crucial Ballistics DDR4
Corsair CX600 PSU
Saphire DualX R7 265 (R9 270)

Update:
I survived the update, but my memory went from 16 gb to 8, 4 on each module. I saw a patch thread somewhere for that.
Next I will attempt to install the rx 480. No go, I may need to open it with a windows disk and download the drivers for the bios to recognize. I'm getting no input signal from monitor/tv. I loaded the R9 270 kext from the insane sight link with kextbeast, which has x4000 kext included. No go for now. I'll check out the testing section here a Tonymac86 for the card. I have 2 XFX 8 gb RX 480's, and am currently running an AMD Sapphire DualX R7 265 (R9 270-270x spec wise). It runs natively on all my builds so far without any issues.

I have sound through all ports except hdmi and DisplayPort. Wifi working as expected (TP link PCIe n900 card), Logitech camera 920 works with FaceTime, bluetooth good (usb dongle). I need to get some speakers and a microphone going to try out Siri.

Thanks again to all the experts as well as the novices (like me) asking questions which get answered by the experts.

what is that ErP thing..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back