Contribute
Register

Skylake on Asus Z170-K - Cannot load Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I was using a USB 2 port that connect to the USB 2 motherboard header, maybe try that?
will try this too, traditionally i always use the mobo direct USB rather than the one connected to the header. definately worth a shot, cheers for the tips will post back my results.

by the way are you also using an M2 HDD? i have one which currently has windows 10 on it but dont know if OSX can run off the M2, would be awesome if it does, windows 10 is soooooooo fast on the M2, boots under ten seconds and everything just runs super fast

Installed OSX onto SATA SSD on my other build using create-install media USB then ran multibeast on the SSD and removed it and inserted it to the ASUS, it then booted ok. i was struggling to get to the installer on the ASUS and was too slow. anyhow, from there I was able to clone the installation on to the M2 HDD and run multibeast on the M2 and now thats booting as well.

I had intended to use my SATA SSD for windows 10 but after some real life work testing and using OSX off the M2, plus the boot speed, I have not noticed any difference in terms of perfromance as OSX still takes about 40 seconds to get to the desktop when running off the M2, similar to the SATA SSD, while windows 10 on the M2 was under 10 seconds. will therefore use SATA SSD for OSX and use the M2 for Windows 10 as its giving me better results speed wise and I use windows for work and OSX for media so its better with windows on the M2...
How are your speeds on the M2?

AUdio works use multibeast ALC887/888B and also select the Seires 100 audio option, this board is a seires 100 board. apply and reboot then go to system preferences and select internal speakers under the output tab.

This didn't work for me, but I used the other audio patched which downloaded the driver (on the big audio thread) and it all worked. HDMI/DP audio works too.

I'm using Mac 17,1, work great, and i got higher benchmark scores with it too, and the CPU goes to lower power usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back