Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been hitting my head against a brick wall for the past week, and I'm wondering if anyone could help solve my graphics problems. Anyone have similar issues? Here's my story the best that I can recall:
  • Got automatically updated to 10.12.4. After booting, it would just fade to a 'black screen' on my laptop. I was, for a time, able to plug in HDMI monitor, before I started messing with things to try fix this problem.
  • I tried replacing my 10.12.4 graphics kexts with 10.12.3 kexts. Didn't work. Fades to black screen
  • Then things got worse. Kernel Panics with AppleIntelSLKGraphicsFramebuffer!
  • Tried removing IntelBacklight.kext. Didn't work. Usually panics
  • Put IntelBacklight.kext back in wth Kext Wizard. Didn't work. Usually panics.
  • Tried upgrading Clover from 3899 to 4061. Same deal. Panics
  • Tried removing my custom DSDT, tried putting it back. No effect. panics.
  • Tried using/removing various kext patches: minStolenSize, etc. No effect. panics.
  • Tried MacBookPro11,2 (default) and MacBookAir6,2 (sometimes) SMBIOS. No effect. panics.
  • Tried various InjectIntel True/False flags, platform-id 191b0000 or 19120000, fakeids, etc. No effect. Panics!!!
  • Tried upgrading FakeSMC, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics. No effect.
  • Reinstalled 10.12.4 graphics kexts with Kext Wizard. Same story.
  • Tried downgrading (reinstalling) MacOS Sierra to base 10.12 Sierra. Didn't help. Still panics
  • Tried downgrading Clover back to 3899. No effect. Still panics
Perhaps this is a rebuilding of my prelinked kernel problem? I swear, I do this every time!
Perhaps I have a faulty AppleIntelSLKGraphicsFramebuffer that just won't go away?

The only way I can get to my desktop is to put in FakeID into graphics of 0x12345678

Here's a screen shot

Any help or suggestions?

I've been hitting my head against a brick wall for the past week, and I'm wondering if anyone could help solve my graphics problems. Anyone have similar issues? Here's my story the best that I can recall:
  • Got automatically updated to 10.12.4. After booting, it would just fade to a 'black screen' on my laptop. I was, for a time, able to plug in HDMI monitor, before I started messing with things to try fix this problem.
  • I tried replacing my 10.12.4 graphics kexts with 10.12.3 kexts. Didn't work. Fades to black screen
  • Then things got worse. Kernel Panics with AppleIntelSLKGraphicsFramebuffer!
  • Tried removing IntelBacklight.kext. Didn't work. Usually panics
  • Put IntelBacklight.kext back in wth Kext Wizard. Didn't work. Usually panics.
  • Tried upgrading Clover from 3899 to 4061. Same deal. Panics
  • Tried removing my custom DSDT, tried putting it back. No effect. panics.
  • Tried using/removing various kext patches: minStolenSize, etc. No effect. panics.
  • Tried MacBookPro11,2 (default) and MacBookAir6,2 (sometimes) SMBIOS. No effect. panics.
  • Tried various InjectIntel True/False flags, platform-id 191b0000 or 19120000, fakeids, etc. No effect. Panics!!!
  • Tried upgrading FakeSMC, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics. No effect.
  • Reinstalled 10.12.4 graphics kexts with Kext Wizard. Same story.
  • Tried downgrading (reinstalling) MacOS Sierra to base 10.12 Sierra. Didn't help. Still panics
  • Tried downgrading Clover back to 3899. No effect. Still panics
Perhaps this is a rebuilding of my prelinked kernel problem? I swear, I do this every time!
Perhaps I have a faulty AppleIntelSLKGraphicsFramebuffer that just won't go away?

The only way I can get to my desktop is to put in FakeID into graphics of 0x12345678

Here's a screen shot

Any help or suggestions?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks @RehabMan
Alright, so I reviewed the common problems and issues. The fact remains that everything was working fine at 10.12.3 update, but then severely broke at 10.12.4 update. Attached are the problems reporting files that I'm working with

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 134
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 104
  • touch.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IOReg.zip
    560.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSDT SSDT.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 122
Thanks @RehabMan
Alright, so I reviewed the common problems and issues. The fact remains that everything was working fine at 10.12.3 update, but then severely broke at 10.12.4 update. Attached are the problems reporting files that I'm working with

The ioreg shows 10.12.0.
You did not implement backlight control in a way compatible with 10.12.4.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Also, graphics injection not implemented correctly. Wrong config.plist. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.175794/

Figured out the issue. My kernel cache was not updating properly, so I would get a panic every single time. Reason being, I was getting into my system wrong! I was putting 0x12345678 into "fake id" instead of 0x12345678 into "ig-platform-id". Once I put it into ig-platform-id, booted my system, then ran these commands, my kernel cache properly updated. System booted up, no problems. Here's the instructions that I found that worked:

Enable minStolenSize patch if you didn't set the DMVT with EFI Shell.
If you have mod/custom kext(s) in /S/L/E too, then run these commands
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

When your run the command below, make sure there's no error. Re-run until it's good.
sudo kextcache -i /

Figured out the issue. My kernel cache was not updating properly, so I would get a panic every single time. Reason being, I was getting into my system wrong! I was putting 0x12345678 into "fake id" instead of 0x12345678 into "ig-platform-id".

Yes... it is documented in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Once I put it into ig-platform-id, booted my system, then ran these commands, my kernel cache properly updated. System booted up, no problems. Here's the instructions that I found that worked:

Enable minStolenSize patch if you didn't set the DMVT with EFI Shell.
If you have mod/custom kext(s) in /S/L/E too, then run these commands
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

When your run the command below, make sure there's no error. Re-run until it's good.
sudo kextcache -i /

You only need "sudo kextcache -i /" to rebuild cache.
If you install your kexts correctly, no need for the other stuff... (and really... touching all files?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back