Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unsure what happened, but I unplugged one of my drives, which I guess had some old clover on it. Not quite sure how it got there, but I've been accidentally booting from that one. Unplugged everything not required for the installer, and now everything's installed. Still don't have all my VRAM, just 4 megs, and the UI's buggy because of it, but I'll fix all that in post-install I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone can help me with LG ultrawide monitor 25" and intel HD 530
When fresh installing el capitan with clover (Asus Z170-AR) hd 530 works at 2560x1080 but its only showing 10mb vram, so you get plenty of screen taring. This was on fresh 10.11.2 - so I updated to 10.11.6 and installed intel HD 530 patch with multibeast. vram is now showing 1536 as it should and I have zero lag or screen taring BUT now I'm stuck in 1920x1080. So in testing I opened up clover commander, and mounted efi partition. Loaded up my config.plist, changed graphics ig-platform-id from 0x19120000 to 0x19120006 as it was after fresh install reboot and I have 2560x1080 and 10mb vram again along with all the BS that goes along with it. Is is possible to just increase the vram for 0x19120006? I would try the pixle patch but I cant get into recovery for some reason (just hangs with spinning ball after loading up 15 mins later and stays like that forever)
There has to be a way without needing pixel patch if its working with 0x19120006?

** Edit **
Got frustrated trying to make it work without pixel clock patch v2, so i went ahead and installed a recovery partition and disabled security, booted rootless=0 ran the patch and its working perfectly! I finally have ultrawide 2560x1080 with zero lag or screen taring ;)

I would love to get more details about this, I tried many things to get 2560x1080 to work on HD 530 and nothing works so far. I might have some settings that should not be there. I would be curious to see your clover config.plist if you don't mind, if you still have this system obviously since it's been almost 2 years.

Thanks!

Optiplex 3040, i5-6500, Sierra 10.12.1

How did you get it working?

I have only 7Mb showing

I have followed this, patch is applied, using HDMI, but nothing changed

Could you share your config.plist for Optiplex 3040?

Attached IORegistryExplorer created as per this in case somebody can help futher

sebus

I have the same your machine dell 3040, could you please share your efi folder, thank you very much

for the Gigabyte B150 HD3P -- MacOs 10.14.4 -- clover 4920

this config file i use for 10.14 but it also work with 10.12 and 10.13 with hardware SMBIOS iMac14,2 not 10.11 im trying with MaPro3,1 no success

0x193b0005 helped me also for HD530

i used
  • config.plist_Boot :
    • no need for nv_disable =1 ; you have no Nvidia card at all . No harm in having it but it is not needed.
    • Try adding,
    • - dart=0 -v (-v you can remove once no problem occurs during boot)
  • config.plist _Devices :
    • Fake ID IntelGFX=0x19128086
    • Audio Inject =1
  • config.plist _Graphics :
    • [√]Inject Intel
    • ig-platform-id : 0x193b0005
  • config.plist _Rt Variables
    • CsrActiveconfig =0x67
  • config.plist_SMBIOS
    • Product Model:iMac 14, 2 or 18,1 and i used Macmini8,1
i want 10.11 boot installer work - Clover 4920 - but sofar no succes

this config file i use for 10.14 but it also work with 10.12 and 10.13 with hardware SMBIOS iMac14,2 not 10.11 im trying with MaPro3,1 no success
  • config.plist_SMBIOS
    • Product Model:iMac 14, 2 or 18,1 and i used Macmini8,1
i want 10.11 boot installer work - Clover 4920 - but sofar no succes

@huis5,

iMac18,1 is for Kaby Lake U series CPU's and should never be used with a desktop class CPU.
MacMini 8,1 is for Coffee Lake CPU's

These SMBIOS's would be a poor choice to use with your i5-6400 SkyLake CPU.
You should use iMac17,1 which is for SkyLake CPU's :-

Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 12.54.55.png
Using a SMBIOS that does not match your CPU generation can lead to problems as MacOS may try to use instruction sets and features that your CPU does not support leading to instability and KP's.

Always base SMBIOS selection on CPU generation, use the nearest match.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
My specs in my profile is another computer and is not used in this post/problem.

My Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics worked out of the box using the DVI port. And with accelerations as well. It uses 1536 MB of memory. I have installed macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I don't need anything else to work besides better resolution because this is a music production workstation. My Apogee sound card is already function.

I have a very small/vanilla install with barely any kexts or drivers (maybe a problem?). I have tried post #1 and many other stuff in this tread but can't get my DisplayPorts to work properly. My motherboard have 1 DVI and 2x DP. I only get 1080p via DVI. I want to be able to use 2x 4k displays (no need to max resolution, I just want a little more then 1080p). DP works during boot but when the desktop/login is about to be shown the screen goes black.

I have a HP z240, CPU i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz. Specs can be found here. Attached is my EFI folder. Thank you all for this amazing community.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 311
All of a sudden it works with a DP (port 2) if DVI-to-HDMI cable isn't connected. I do get a better resolution tho but not max. I'm still fine with running it in 2560x1440. When I try to run 2 DP (port 1 and 2) it mirrors during boot and when desktop is presented port 1 gets black and port 2 function. Have also tried to connect port 1 when I'm already in Mojave but nothing happens. How do I control these ports to get up and running with 2 monitors.

My specs in my profile is another computer and is not used in this post/problem.

My Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics worked out of the box using the DVI port. And with accelerations as well. It uses 1536 MB of memory. I have installed macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I don't need anything else to work besides better resolution because this is a music production workstation. My Apogee sound card is already function.

I have a very small/vanilla install with barely any kexts or drivers (maybe a problem?). I have tried post #1 and many other stuff in this tread but can't get my DisplayPorts to work properly. My motherboard have 1 DVI and 2x DP. I only get 1080p via DVI. I want to be able to use 2x 4k displays (no need to max resolution, I just want a little more then 1080p). DP works during boot but when the desktop/login is about to be shown the screen goes black.

I have a HP z240, CPU i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz. Specs can be found here. Attached is my EFI folder. Thank you all for this amazing community.

Did you update to Catalina yet? I just installed Catalina 10.15.4 yesterday but having problems to get full acceleration on HD 530 in my Dell Optiplex 3040, i5 6500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back