Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi JayRicae,
Could you upload your IOReg's again please using the App from Post#1 here thanks. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

@wildwillow Thank you a million times for your quick response. i attached the new files you asked.
I hope you can help me to get dual monitor working.

Additional Info:
Thunderbolt port goes on---> BenQ 27" Monitor 1920x1080 60 hZ
HDMI port (Primary Monitor) goes on ---> LG 27UD68 4k monitor (can't get 60 hZ, but only 30) in single monitor . OSX get the correct resolution but not the correct framerate; it' not essential if i can't resolve this problem.

Thank for your help!

Attachments

• HDMI.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 256
  • Thunderbolt.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 254
  • config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 194
Additional Info:
Thunderbolt port goes on---> BenQ 27" Monitor 1920x1080 60 hZ
HDMI port (Primary Monitor) goes on ---> LG 27UD68 4k monitor (can't get 60 hZ, but only 30) in single monitor . OSX get the correct resolution but not the correct framerate; it' not essential if i can't resolve this problem.
Thanks for adding the new files, I've added a connector edit to your HDMI connector from Display Port to HDMI as that is what it is, I've also added a DSDT patch to rename GFX0 to IGPU since you are using the integrated graphics.
First off boot only with the thunderbolt connected monitor and once at the desktop plug in your HDMI monitor and this should give you dual monitor, if this fails then boot HDMI monitor connected and add the thunderbolt monitor once at the desktop.

As for 60Hz over HDMI 2.0 using integrated HD530 I'm not sure, I know HDMI v1.4 high refresh rate was 24Hz. But...... this would be a great place to start check out https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2. Browsing the README leads me to believe it is possible to get 60Hz using HD530 over an HDMI 2.0 certified connection.

config.plist attached with the edits above for testing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 333
Thanks for adding the new files, I've added a connector edit to your HDMI connector from Display Port to HDMI as that is what it is, I've also added a DSDT patch to rename GFX0 to IGPU since you are using the integrated graphics.
First off boot only with the thunderbolt connected monitor and once at the desktop plug in your HDMI monitor and this should give you dual monitor, if this fails then boot HDMI monitor connected and add the thunderbolt monitor once at the desktop.

As for 60Hz over HDMI 2.0 using integrated HD530 I'm not sure, I know HDMI v1.4 high refresh rate was 24Hz. But...... this would be a great place to start check out https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2. Browsing the README leads me to believe it is possible to get 60Hz using HD530 over an HDMI 2.0 certified connection.

config.plist attached with the edits above for testing.
Hey @wildwillow ! Really Thank you for your Quick Response. I've done a few test but unfortunately i can't get dual monitor working.

One Question: have i to patch my hackintosh with AGPfix.app ?
Because yesterday i've patched my hackintosh with the AGPfix.app and loaded your config.plist but the result is :
my pc after boot recognize Second Monitor (LG 27du68 4k) connected to HDMI port, (i see it in monitor settings on control panel) but after login the monitor presents a black screen and many artifacts and blue lamp/ glitches. after login hackintosh also gets stuck on all of two monitor and i have to force restart. unfortunately i reinstalled Sierra because i wasn't able to fix this problem. i've tested both suggestion you gave me (boot first with HDMI and then connect TH and viceversa, but unfortunately nothing of this tips worked)
Have you any suggestion ?

So to get dual monitor working i have to :
-Your Config.plist with IGFX renamed and with port layout edit.
-AGPfix.app (i don't understand if i had to use this patch or not in my case; if i use this as i mentioned before, dual monitor get recognised on System preferences but finally i obtain hackintosh stuck at the next restart and i have to reinstall OSX to fix this problem). on the post of AGPfix (on tonymacx86) there's two patch: AGPfix.app and AGPfix1.3.app. is there any difference between those patch? for now i've tried AGPfix.app
-There's also something (Patch or CLover Edit) thai am i missing ?

Thank for your support, i really appreciated this, and happy new 2017.

One Question: have i to patch my hackintosh with AGPfix.app ?
If you have iMac15,1 iMac17,1 or MacPro6,1 system definitions you need to use it to disable AppleGraphicsDeviceControl.kext. For now it will be easier for you to have it disabled.
dual monitor get recognised on System preferences but finally i obtain hackintosh stuck at the next restart and i have to reinstall OSX to fix this problem
You have to unplug the 2nd monitor before you restart each time, this is how it works for an unknown reason that hasn't been worked out yet as far as I'm aware.
Can you boot each monitor individually and make a copy of IOReg and attach it here.
Happy New Year too!

If you have iMac15,1 iMac17,1 or MacPro6,1 system definitions you need to use it to disable AppleGraphicsDeviceControl.kext. For now it will be easier for you to have it disabled.

You have to unplug the 2nd monitor before you restart each time, this is how it works for an unknown reason that hasn't been worked out yet as far as I'm aware.
Can you boot each monitor individually and make a copy of IOReg and attach it here.
Happy New Year too!

i can't describe how much i'm grateful to you for the help you're giving me. This community is such an amazing place thank you @wildwillow for spend time trying helping me.

Back to my Hack:
1)So yes i have 17,1 System Definition.
2)now i didn't patched my system with AGPfix.app; tell me if i have to do this.

I attached some combination of IORegs.
maybe we can try connect dual monitor with the two thunederbolt Ports.
1) HDMI port to BenQ27" (I noticed that the connector type on IORegs is 00 04 00 00)
2) HDMI port to LG27UD68 ( connector type 01 00 00 00)
3) Thunderbolt 1 port to BenQ27" (connector type 01 00 00 00)
4) Thunderbolt 2 port to LG27UD68 ( connector type 01 00 00 00)
what can we try with the port layout edit ?
what combination to connect monitors can we try second your opinion ?

i attached also the config.plist that i'm using now. everything works, like full acceleration for intel 530, wake, sleep except dual monitor) if i connect now the second monitor on the free ports, hackintosh can't recognised it.
Thanks for your tips.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 422
  • HDMI (BenQ27).ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 320
  • HDMI (LG27UD684k).ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 262
  • Thundebolt2(BenQ27).ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 277
  • Thunderbolt1(LG27UD684k).ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 263
1)So yes i have 17,1 System Definition.
2)now i didn't patched my system with AGPfix.app; tell me if i have to do this.
Since you're using an iMac 17,1 you'll need to fix Apple's display policy as the kext is loaded on your system and won't allow a second monitor to show itself. Run the latest App(AGDPFix) to disable it (restart required).

what can we try with the port layout edit ?
what combination to connect monitors can we try second your opinion ?
Can you use the attached config.plist and run the tests again with the AGDP disabled.
Reply with an HDMI connection IOReg.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 393
I managed to make the HD530 work via HDMI on Dell U2410 wide gamut, but I got aweful colors (for design, photo, video edit). It seems like colors missing from gradient, like it is not wide gamut, don't know, really. I tried a monitor calibration but it seems it is not a color profiling issue. Does anyone else seen this issue? How it is resolved?

EDIT: It seems like color input format is not RGB. It is YPbPr. Probably this is causing the problem. Any solution?

EDIT: This solution did the job (with the sRGB color profile is exactly what I need): http://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/03...ix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor

Last edited:
I managed to make the HD530 work via HDMI on Dell U2410 wide gamut, but I got aweful colors (for design, photo, video edit). It seems like colors missing from gradient, like it is not wide gamut, don't know, really. I tried a monitor calibration but it seems it is not a color profiling issue. Does anyone else seen this issue? How it is resolved?

EDIT: It seems like color input format is not RGB. It is YPbPr. Probably this is causing the problem. Any solution?

I have this in my notes...

Fix for Dell monitor?

http://embdev.net/topic/284710

"Dell U2713H on Mac: forcing RGB mode instead of YCbCr"

Hey, I realise this isn't a strictly Hackintosh issue but I've been wondering if anyone experienced graphic glitches while using HD 530 even in UEFI and Windows, because that's what I've been seeing regardless of any fixes so far.

I'm using the 6700K with Asus Z170-PRO and a 4K monitor connected via DP while my GTX 1060 is connected via PCI-E (nothing's connected to it though). The screen shows irregular artefacts (glitches) and occasionally goes to black completely (as if there was no input), but it happens only sometimes and I haven't identified a pattern so far. It's not related to temperature since it once remained stable during both a CPU and a GPU benchmark and then on another occasion went crazy after a fresh morning boot.

I've found some references to XMP errors as a potential source of this issue (which I'm going to test the next time I have physical access to the machine) but I'd still like to understand what's going on because I don't have a clue.

I am pleased that at long last we have Intel Graphics HD 530 working on some Skylake systems with El Capitan 10.11.4. But not 100% yet.

Accelleration without artifacts on my GigaByte Z170-HD3 with Intel=YES and ig-platform-id set to 0x1912000
in the Clover Config.plist.

This is with a DVI-D port to a DVI display = works... HDMI is problematic (won't come up at with the DVI already connected; flickers and does not lock in when booting with HDMI to 4K HDTV only).

Good modding,
neil
Especially if you're now using Sierra, could you please share your config? I'm having terrible trouble with exactly the same motherboard. No Quartz Extreme is the problem. I don't have the menu glitch. This is on my Indigo Sawtooth.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back