Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Now you just have to figure out which port is which physical output on your iGPU. Plug one monitor in at a time and boot up. Go to IORegistryExplorer like you've been doing and find under which apple frame buffer the monitor is connected. Say you plug in an HDMI monitor, you boot up, and the frame buffer using port 0x5 is attached to a monitor: you know port 0x5 is the HDMI port. Rinse and repeat until you identify the connector type each port should be.

Let's say 0x5 is HDMI, and 0x6 is DVI, and 0x7 is VGA. You probably want to ignore the VGA port, and just remap the connector type on the other ports (HDMI and DVI).

So add two more patches using the same process in Clover Configurator under the 4 port patch:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAACHAQAA</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x6-DP2DVI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgQKAAAEAACHAQAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AgQKAAAIAACHAQAA</data>
</dict>

These are the Mac OS X 10.11 config.plist versions of the patches - these patches in Clover Configurator will have long numbers in the find and replace.

All these patches do is change the connector type. The default connector type is 00040000. DVI is 00020000 and HDMI is 00080000.

What if your port 5 is DVI? No problem, go into Clover Configurator and find the patches, and notice that the "replace" value for the port 5 patch has 00080000 there in the middle: for example,

That 00080000 is the connector type, and it should be 00020000, so just click into it and change it:

Reboot (use the usual strategies in case you mess something up) and go to IOReg and you should now see that the connector types are right for each port you care about. Again, ignore port 0x0, and you probably want to ignore the VGA port if you have one.

I'm a little bit stuck here. My HDMI port is 0x6 and DVI is 0x5.

So looks like I need to revise the patch a little bit so it looks like this:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x6-DP2HDMI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AgQKAAAIAACHAQAA</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x5-DP2DVI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgQKAAAEAACHAQAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAACHAQAA</data>
</dict>

Please advise.

I'm a little bit stuck here. My HDMI port is 0x6 and DVI is 0x5.

So looks like I need to revise the patch a little bit so it looks like this:

Please advise.

Nope, don't simply reverse the patches, that won't work. You can think of it as, the find is looking for specifically the part of the kext which sets port 5's connector type with some extra code so that it's unique in the whole kext. That is to say, the find looks for a larger chunk of code so that it finds the string exactly once.

So:
1. backup your config
2. in Clover Configurator add the two patches with dummy text for find and replace, save and quit
3. in a text editor find the patches in config.plist and edit the find and replace values so they match my first patches a few posts ago, save and quit
4. back in Clover Configurator find the patches, and notice that port 5's 'replace' value has a '00080000' in the middle - click into the replace and change '00080000' to '00020000' (change the 8 to a 2).
5. similarly for port 6, in it's 'replace' value, change '00020000' to '00080000'.
6. save and quit.
7. reboot and if everything is right, in ioreg, your ports and connector types should be set correctly based on your analysis that your port 5 is DVI (00020000) and your port 6 is HDMI (00080000).

I have now installed El Capitan 10.11.6 with no issues expect the top left bar, I select in the MultiBeast the HD530 after reboot i have full acceleration but the top bar is white, no clover installed.

How can I fix this?
In the BIOS setting i cant find the Igpu Ram.

Sory for English

For Frame Buffer Fatal:

Frame Buffer Hatası için:

Restart pc select windows option and enter when clover boot loader menu is open. Open the Windows operation system but not login; restart pc and this time select Mac operation system and enter. Unfortunately, the computer 's first boot , you need to practice it every time at the moment ;)

Bilgisayarı yeniden başlatın ve clover boot loader menüsünden Windows seçeneğini seçin ve Windows işletim sistemini açın fakat giriş yapmadan bilgisayarı yeniden başlatın ve bu sefer Mac işletim sistemini seçin. Maalesef bunu bilgisayarın her ilk açılışında her zaman şimdilik tekrarlamanız gerekecek ;)

Kind regards,

Max_Real Qnx

For Frame Buffer Fatal:

Frame Buffer Hatası için:

Restart pc select windows option and enter when clover boot loader menu is open. Open the Windows operation system but not login; restart pc and this time select Mac operation system and enter. Unfortunately, the computer 's first boot , you need to practice it every time at the moment ;)

Bilgisayarı yeniden başlatın ve clover boot loader menüsünden Windows seçeneğini seçin ve Windows işletim sistemini açın fakat giriş yapmadan bilgisayarı yeniden başlatın ve bu sefer Mac işletim sistemini seçin. Maalesef bunu bilgisayarın her ilk açılışında her zaman şimdilik tekrarlamanız gerekecek ;)

Kind regards,

Max_Real Qnx

See my last post on page 39 i have already fixed my problem

and what is this for language?

Hoping for some guidance. When I selected Intel 530 in Multibeast I would get a black screen (I am using the hdmi port on the motherboard). When I uncheck inject intel in my config.plist I get the graphics glitch in the upper left hand corner of my screen and the system reports graphics as Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB 1536 MB per the attached picture. I believe I am getting graphics acceleration since I can open chess and move the pieces. I also do not have anything checked in ACPI. What do I need to do to get Intel 530 graphics and eliminated the glitch?

Attachments

• Graphics.pdf
    382.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Acpi.pdf
    173.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Graphics 2.pdf
    133.8 KB · Views: 282
Hoping for some guidance. When I selected Intel 530 in Multibeast I would get a black screen (I am using the hdmi port on the motherboard). When I uncheck inject intel in my config.plist I get the graphics glitch in the upper left hand corner of my screen and the system reports graphics as Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB 1536 MB per the attached picture. I believe I am getting graphics acceleration since I can open chess and move the pieces. I also do not have anything checked in ACPI. What do I need to do to get Intel 530 graphics and eliminated the glitch?

As far as I know this is a known issue on Mac OS Sierra. I have the same glitch and there is not solution for this yet.

Nope, don't simply reverse the patches, that won't work. You can think of it as, the find is looking for specifically the part of the kext which sets port 5's connector type with some extra code so that it's unique in the whole kext. That is to say, the find looks for a larger chunk of code so that it finds the string exactly once.

So:
1. backup your config
2. in Clover Configurator add the two patches with dummy text for find and replace, save and quit
3. in a text editor find the patches in config.plist and edit the find and replace values so they match my first patches a few posts ago, save and quit
4. back in Clover Configurator find the patches, and notice that port 5's 'replace' value has a '00080000' in the middle - click into the replace and change '00080000' to '00020000' (change the 8 to a 2).
5. similarly for port 6, in it's 'replace' value, change '00020000' to '00080000'.
6. save and quit.
7. reboot and if everything is right, in ioreg, your ports and connector types should be set correctly based on your analysis that your port 5 is DVI (00020000) and your port 6 is HDMI (00080000).

Thanks a lot for all your help!
I managed them to work! :)

Yes, the 530 upper left display flickering etc... is a known issue in Sierra. Further bad news is that it still hasn't been fixed in today's 10.12.1 Sierra update.

Yes, the 530 upper left display flickering etc... is a known issue in Sierra. Further bad news is that it still hasn't been fixed in today's 10.12.1 Sierra update.
You are definitely right. I updated to 12.1 with the hope of a fix but nothing happened. I read every page on internet related to this issue but no solution found. I'll rain love on the person who will figure out a fix for this glitch problem on Sierra.

Personally, I think it's time to start looking for an alternative. I'm starting to doubt it will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back