Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The patches remain the same in macOS Sierra for HD530 using the 0x00001219 framebuffer as they were in El Capitan. No changes yet.
Where do you add this patch? I just looked throught my plist and found this:

<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>

Should I put the 0x00001219 instead of "Replace"?

Also here are some screen shots of my clover configuator

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 7.37.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 7.37.00 AM.png

Should I put the 0x00001219 instead of "Replace"?
Yours is correct. No need to replace it as its the same framebuffer. I've written it in the host byte order. Don't change it as it won't work.

Hi! I've just made my first hackintosh. it has a 1070 (obviously not working) hooked up to one monitor and I'm using the HD530 graphics hooked up to another monitor. I haven't specifically disabled the Nvidia graphics or loaded anything special for the hd530 graphics. I set the HD530 as the default gpu in the bios. a pic of my system report is attached.

Is the HD530 installed correctly? It says no kext loaded but I think I read somewhere that its natively supported in Sierra without having to inject anything. I can't rotate the display and I don't see the corner graphical artifacts that others are seeing, although I see other artifacts when I scroll sometimes.

I've played around with injecting the intel driver and with doing the clover stuff a couple of posts up and I get kernel panics each time.

Thanks,

Gerry

Attachments

• hd530.png
    hd530.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
I think the VRAM is too low, I think mine says something around 1500MB... May be its not correctly installed unless you get the artifact :thumbup:

PS: I used multibeast to get it installed correctly

Last edited:
I think the VRAM is too low, I think mine says something around 1500MB... May be its not correctly installed unless you get the artifact :thumbup:

PS: I used multibeast to get it installed correctly

Oh thats a good point about the VRAM, that can't be right. Are you running Sierra? When you used Multibeast did you have to inject anything specific for Intel? If you are running Sierra can you show me what your System Report screen looks like?

Thank you!

Hi! I've just made my first hackintosh. it has a 1070 (obviously not working) hooked up to one monitor and I'm using the HD530 graphics hooked up to another monitor. I haven't specifically disabled the Nvidia graphics or loaded anything special for the hd530 graphics. I set the HD530 as the default gpu in the bios. a pic of my system report is attached.

Is the HD530 installed correctly? It says no kext loaded but I think I read somewhere that its natively supported in Sierra without having to inject anything. I can't rotate the display and I don't see the corner graphical artifacts that others are seeing, although I see other artifacts when I scroll sometimes.

I've played around with injecting the intel driver and with doing the clover stuff a couple of posts up and I get kernel panics each time.

Thanks,

Gerry

Revision-id doesn't seem right. It's usually 0x19120000 for the HD 530, where 0000 is the revision-id.
Which OS X version are you running? I get the artifact in the top left corner on sierra.

Revision-id doesn't seem right. It's usually 0x19120000 for the HD 530, where 0000 is the revision-id.
Which OS X version are you running? I get the artifact in the top left corner on sierra.

Oh sorry! I thought I'd mentioned. I'm running Sierra. I used Multibeast 9 for the installation and did not select HD 530 from the drivers tab as attached. When I tried selecting it I got a kernel panic. I do have an Nvidia card in the system and did not specifically disable it.

For your installation did you have to inject HD 530 support in Multibeast?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-12 09.23.28.png
    Screenshot 2016-10-12 09.23.28.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 164
I'd remove the NVIDIA card, and rerun Multibeast choosing what you need again as well as this time including just the 530 for your graphic selection. In your BIOS set the Internal Display to IGFX.

Here's mine, and I'm using 17,1.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.24.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.27.40 AM.png

Last edited:
I'd remove the NVIDIA card, and rerun Multibeast choosing what you need again as well as this time including just the 530 for your graphic selection. In your BIOS set the Internal Display to IGFX.

Thank you! When you say remove the Nvidia card do you mean physically (and install it back after the hd530 works) or logically using nv_disable or whatever that flag is?

Since no drivers are available for it yet for Sierra, you can disable it or physically remove it. Once the drivers become available you can reinstall it etc... but it's your call. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back