Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently the 530 glitch issue you mention above continues to exist in Sierra without a fix. In El Capitan that graphic issue doesn't exist. The only issue I experience in El Capitan is the inability of the monitor to wake back up from a sleep state.

Last edited:
My understanding is that as of 10.11.4 you can use Intel IGPU 530 by doing the following (with a single monitor on DVI-D or HDMI port):
- Use Inject Intel=No or Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000
- apply 4 port patch in clover configurator
The patch is in the first post in this thread. 10.11-SKL-19120000-4_displays

I think that's exactly what MultiBeast's easy 530 setup does. But I didn't use that; I used CloverConfigurator to inject intel with the platform ID and added the 4 port patch on the "kernel and kext patches" tab. That is, I did it manually.

My issue fixed after I used HDMI port. Looks like VGA port is not working at all.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
1. Has the glitch in the top left corner been fixed?
2. Is sleep now working? (no more black screen on wake?)

Any luck anyone?

There's no luck involved. The 530 has problems in Sierra and needs a fix which hasn't happened yet. None of these so called workarounds resolve the artifacts issue. With regard to Sierra your current options are as follows:
a) Stay put on El Capitan
b) Purchase a discrete NVIDIA card
c) Tolerate the 530 artifacts in Sierra and hope there's a fix coming.

There's no luck involved. The 530 has problems in Sierra and needs a fix which hasn't happened yet. None of these so called workarounds resolve the artifacts issue. With regard to Sierra your current options are as follows:

Thanks In-N-Out. Can anyone confirm that NVIDIA (for example GTX 750Ti) on Sierra wakes up fine without issues?

Last edited:
do you know 530 have full 1.5G VRAM in Sierra?? Mine only show 7M :(
Thanks

What is the cheap dumb nvidia/ati card that works so i can't working until this 530 problem can be solved?

My only need is that the graphic can handle two monitors.
Thanks

Last edited:
do you know 530 have full 1.5G VRAM in Sierra?? Mine only show 7M :(
Thanks

Mine is fully accelerated with 1.5 gb in Sierra. I have a Z170 Skylake board. I didn't inject any platform-id nor intel setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back