Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m manually editing (with TextEdit) the config.plist to include the KextsToPatch section for Intel HD 530, but I´m unsure if I´m doing things right. Could someone please confirm or correct my result?

Original:

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
       <array>
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>TRIM Enabler</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
               </data>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
               </data>
           </dict>
       </array>

With the KextsToPatch edit from post #1:

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
       <array>
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>TRIM Enabler</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
               </data>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
               </data>
           </dict>
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               AQMDAw==
               </data>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               AQMEAw==
               </data>
           </dict>
       </array>

Is this correct? Thanks in advance

EDIT: changed this by looking at another config.plist that had two patches in the KextsToPatch section, so above version should be correct, still not 100% sure...

Last edited:
I'm hoping the upcoming Multibeast 9.0 incorporates a fix for this 530 issue with Sierra.

Last edited:
Does anybody know how to get Intel Quicksync Hardware Encoding enabled on HD530? Without it, exporting the same project from FCPX takes much, much longer time than it takes on my Late 2013 MBP. (like 5-6 times longer)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-530-no-quicksync.199614/#post-1306269

This user says he got it working by renaming GFX0 to IGPU but I have no idea how to do that. I put my DSDT.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched, I added the following patch in config.plist but it's not working.

Code:
<key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    R0ZYMA==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SUdQVQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>
            </array>

System Definition: iMac17,1
CPU: i7 6700K
MB: Asus Z170-A

Last edited:
Hello,
Probably there is a solution somewhere on the form but I can not find it.

I'm on Sierra and VGA port.

After video driver installation with MultiBeast for Intel HD Graphics 530 I get no signal after apple logo. Tried to load with nv_disable=1 and Inject Intel=No or Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000 but no luck.

Is there any suggestion for this?
This is the first time Im trying to setup hackintosh.

Last edited:
You might want to try hdmi port. Not sure, I'm just a newbie, but from what I think, apple mai not support vga for some time.

Hello,
Probably there is a solution somewhere on the form but I can not find it.

I'm on Sierra and VGA port.

After video driver installation with MultiBeast for Intel HD Graphics 530 I get no signal after apple logo. Tried to load with nv_disable=1 and Inject Intel=No or Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000 but no luck.

Is there any suggestion for this?
This is the first time Im trying to setup hackintosh.

I think the DVI-D port is the safest choice. Many VGA monitors support both VGA and DVI input, maybe try switching. When I was installing, booting off the install USB, with VGA connected to my 530, the apple logo would show, the progress bar would get to about 2/3 full, then the screen would go blank. I changed config (inject intel = y, device id = 0x19120000, and added the 4 port patch) and used the DVI port instead and got to installer GUI just fine and haven't had issues since.

I used VGA on my previous el cap hackintosh, a GA-Z77X-UP4-TH-based system with discrete ATI GPU, so I'm not sure it's about Apple not supporting VGA per se.

You seem to be past where I had my issue. It sounds like you've used multibeast on your fresh install to apply the intel 530 patch in multibeast and now no longer get a signal after part of the boot up. I guess to get you an answer we'll need more info: are you using a discrete GPU, and if so, what? Or just the internal intel 530? FYI the nv_disable is only needed if you have a discrete nVidia card, and then only in some situations. If you're using only intel 530, did you apply the 4 port patch? Bottom line is, if you used a config.plist to install, and that SAME config.plist doesn't work to boot, something is wrong and you may need to start from scratch and pay close attention to edits you make. Can you boot to the installer GUI from the USB stick? Can you boot from the installer USB, but at clover, boot to boot drive, and get to the desktop?

I think the DVI-D port is the safest choice. Many VGA monitors support both VGA and DVI input, maybe try switching. When I was installing, booting off the install USB, with VGA connected to my 530, the apple logo would show, the progress bar would get to about 2/3 full, then the screen would go blank. I changed config (inject intel = y, device id = 0x19120000, and added the 4 port patch) and used the DVI port instead and got to installer GUI just fine and haven't had issues since.

I used VGA on my previous el cap hackintosh, a GA-Z77X-UP4-TH-based system with discrete ATI GPU, so I'm not sure it's about Apple not supporting VGA per se.

You seem to be past where I had my issue. It sounds like you've used multibeast on your fresh install to apply the intel 530 patch in multibeast and now no longer get a signal after part of the boot up. I guess to get you an answer we'll need more info: are you using a discrete GPU, and if so, what? Or just the internal intel 530? FYI the nv_disable is only needed if you have a discrete nVidia card, and then only in some situations. If you're using only intel 530, did you apply the 4 port patch? Bottom line is, if you used a config.plist to install, and that SAME config.plist doesn't work to boot, something is wrong and you may need to start from scratch and pay close attention to edits you make. Can you boot to the installer GUI from the USB stick? Can you boot from the installer USB, but at clover, boot to boot drive, and get to the desktop?

Thanks for reply!

I was able to install Sierra from USB without any issue. Issue started when I used MultiBeast to install drivers for intel 530. After reboot all I had the same issue "the apple logo would show, the progress bar would get to about 2/3 full, then the screen would go blank".

Using only internal intel 530 and didn't apply 4 port patch. How can I do this? After this patch can I install drivers from MultiBeast?

Today I reinstalled everything but didn't install drivers for intel hd. Graphics works really slowly in launcher menu and some other screens. So I guess the issue is with drivers.

Thanks for reply!

I was able to install Sierra from USB without any issue. Issue started when I used MultiBeast to install drivers for intel 530. After reboot all I had the same issue "the apple logo would show, the progress bar would get to about 2/3 full, then the screen would go blank".

Using only internal intel 530 and didn't apply 4 port patch. How can I do this? After this patch can I install drivers from MultiBeast?

Today I reinstalled everything but didn't install drivers for intel hd. Graphics works really slowly in launcher menu and some other screens. So I guess the issue is with drivers.

My understanding is that as of 10.11.4 you can use Intel IGPU 530 by doing the following (with a single monitor on DVI-D or HDMI port):
- Use Inject Intel=No or Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000
- apply 4 port patch in clover configurator
The patch is in the first post in this thread. 10.11-SKL-19120000-4_displays

I think that's exactly what MultiBeast's easy 530 setup does. But I didn't use that; I used CloverConfigurator to inject intel with the platform ID and added the 4 port patch on the "kernel and kext patches" tab. That is, I did it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back