Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I'm trying to read all of the thread, and it seems there is no solution at the moment for the intel HD 530 to work 100%.

I have MSI Z170 A PRO with an i5 6600, and I used standard installation with Unibeast and Multibeast (with HD 530 option).
It appears that I can't boot properly from a restart and without the Unibeast USB Key.

Also, I use the Display Port with a converter to mini display port for my Apple Cinema Display and it works in 2560x1440 BUT, I have no acceleration and it's very laggy ...

It shows a 14 MB for HD 530 (64 in UEFI).

Anyone have more informations ?

Thanks a lot

EDIT : I installed CLOVER and modified the config.plist file like in post #5 by tonymacx86 and acceleration is actually working.
Also I can boot without Unibeast USB key, but not from a restart ...

Last edited:
I have a Z170N with HD530 integrated graphics that *was* working fine before I did the 10.11.5 to 10.11.6 OS-X upgrade. Now hotplugging the second monitor doesn't work. Any idea what I need to do / redo? This smells like the display policy thing. What information would be useful?

I have a Z170N with HD530 integrated graphics that *was* working fine before I did the 10.11.5 to 10.11.6 OS-X upgrade. Now hotplugging the second monitor doesn't work. Any idea what I need to do / redo? This smells like the display policy thing. What information would be useful?

Rerunning AGDPfix.app from here fixed it.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the HD 530 on macOS Sierra that will be released shortly. On the GM build the device is auto-detected without injection into ig-platform-id and it accelerated! Unfortunately there is a graphic glitch involving the top left of the screen where there are inverted pixels that flash with screen updates (typing, moving mouse, etc). Unfortunately no workaround (changing platform id, changing DVMT, etc.) seems to work.

Some sort of framebuffer issue maybe, but I'm far from an expert. Is there anyone with expertise that has found this problem or might have an idea of work arounds? I'm happy to troubleshoot with guidance. It possibly could be a bug in the OS that Apple is not fixing due to lack of Skylake machines at this time and therefore there is no workaround, but no harm in asking.

Maybe someone can help me with LG ultrawide monitor 25" and intel HD 530
When fresh installing el capitan with clover (Asus Z170-AR) hd 530 works at 2560x1080 but its only showing 10mb vram, so you get plenty of screen taring. This was on fresh 10.11.2 - so I updated to 10.11.6 and installed intel HD 530 patch with multibeast. vram is now showing 1536 as it should and I have zero lag or screen taring BUT now I'm stuck in 1920x1080. So in testing I opened up clover commander, and mounted efi partition. Loaded up my config.plist, changed graphics ig-platform-id from 0x19120000 to 0x19120006 as it was after fresh install reboot and I have 2560x1080 and 10mb vram again along with all the BS that goes along with it. Is is possible to just increase the vram for 0x19120006? I would try the pixle patch but I cant get into recovery for some reason (just hangs with spinning ball after loading up 15 mins later and stays like that forever)
There has to be a way without needing pixel patch if its working with 0x19120006?

** Edit **
Got frustrated trying to make it work without pixel clock patch v2, so i went ahead and installed a recovery partition and disabled security, booted rootless=0 ran the patch and its working perfectly! I finally have ultrawide 2560x1080 with zero lag or screen taring ;)

Last edited:
i can't find the Apples graphics display policy in the S/L/E
all i do is:
install osx 10.11.6 (make image with vmware)
install driver with MultiBeast
then i can use dvi or hdmi,but no dual monitors(hd530 with 1536MB)
the kext in S/L/E are:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
realtekALC.kext
FakePCIID.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext

have i lost some produce?
and forgive my poor english
Thanks
Apologies for the late reply. Its located here but don't edit it directly.
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I'm having some strange black glitches in the to left corner when scrolling or when the pc renders something ( fine when idle with nothing moving on the screen)
Used inject intel false
I'm running Sierra with i5 6500, Gigabyte Z170-HD3 and Intel HD530

Here is the graphics from my config.plist

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

I've done everything from post#1, and went though this thread as much as I could and tried different things, but I still can't get acceleration working using displayport.
With DVI it works, but only 1080. And I have no HDMI on my monitor.

I used El Capitan Multibeast on my new upgrade to Sierra for HD 530, is this the reason why? Or should it still work?

InjectIntel= True other wise I get a black screen

Any news for this weird black lines on the left top corner of the screen? As I've read its a common issue with no fix?

I would like to know the same thing. :)
I am stuck at 1080i @ 60hz on intel 530gpu, with acceleration but having weird artifacts on the top left corner of the screen; HDMI audio is null.
Also, screen size is 4k... without drivers it would boot 4k but acceleration was null and system was laggy.

I use
i7 6700k
MSI z170A Krait Gaming 3x
32gb Ballistix LT@2400mhz
2x250gb evo850
pciexg 1070founders edition.

Thanks,
Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back