Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read through most of this thread, and my understanding is that there is yet no true support for dual monitor from startup? My build wont even hot plug the second monitor. (One DVI on HDMI.).
Could someone please inform me?

Thanks

Ive read through most of this thread, and my understanding is that there is yet no true support for dual monitor from startup? My build wont even hot plug the second monitor. (One DVI on HDMI.).
Could someone please inform me?

Thanks

You're correct. Mine was not working hot plugging either and I had to read carefully to repeat what someone else had done. I cannot remember the steps but look through the posts and my posts a few days ago.

You're correct. Mine was not working hot plugging either and I had to read carefully to repeat what someone else had done. I cannot remember the steps but look through the posts and my posts a few days ago.

What I don't understand is why this hardware is the recommended then? Ive used the recommended hardware several times over the years and its been spotless. I admit I'm a little to lazy (busy) to google for days to see if everything is compatible so I've trusted the recommendations on here. A little disappointed that something like dual monitor is not working.. I get that its not Tonymacs fault but I'd consider recommending older hardware if that has better support since the performance benefits are minimal. Lets hope Sierra fixes these issues.

What I don't understand is why this hardware is the recommended then? Ive used the recommended hardware several times over the years and its been spotless. I admit I'm a little to lazy (busy) to google for days to see if everything is compatible so I've trusted the recommendations on here. A little disappointed that something like dual monitor is not working.. I get that its not Tonymacs fault but I'd consider recommending older hardware if that has better support since the performance benefits are minimal. Lets hope Sierra fixes these issues.

I'm not sure either. I think people wanted the latest Skylake support and this is what happens because Apple doesn't have many devices running Skylake processors.

Well truely I sorted it with the same process again and again happening due to aptiofic2drv when loaded and to add on for his ques set IG platform 0x1912000 in configurator and don't inject Intel or anything at all.
Just as @ichris93 said, I've tried this time and time again with no luck.
Was it maybe the fact that you used Clover to install the Osxaptiofixdrv?

Just as @ichris93 said, I've tried this time and time again with no luck.
Was it maybe the fact that you used Clover to install the Osxaptiofixdrv?
well maybe you have messed things up as its a simple solution though even feeding in ram details in clover is suggested but for me my ram is recognized fine so I don't and almost till now no issue my hack boots fine without any error

To echo what wildwillow has said, I have a system that works just fine provided that you power up with only a single monitor connected. The second monitor can be added after OS-X has booted. This is a bit of a pain, but less of a pain than no dual monitor support.

I can confirm that this works for me too, on a Gigabyte Z170 HD3P (the model that has HDMI+DVI+VGA outputs). I boot with my main monitor connected at the HDMI port. Then, when OS X is up and running, I hot-plug a secondary monitor at the VGA output (yes, against all advices telling "you shouldn't use VGA on OS X", but it works fine with my setup).

It's not a great inconvenient, I can live hot-plugging my second display until NVIDIA releases the Pascal drivers (I'll quit using the HD530 when that happens).

Hi guys, I've got a problem.
Ive decided to give the Intel 530 a go. Ive been able to 'load it' properly to the desktop. Its recognised and all BUT the screen is black.

I know its properly loaded and functioning, and it shows when I use screen share off my other Mac. Ive used the Multibeast 530 inject setting and Clover has the right inject value and I have Inject Intel on but Im not sure what Im doing wrong to end up with the black screen.

This is running through the DP and using an mini DP adapter to my Apple Cinema displayport monitor. Ive also used the AGDP fix for my SMBIOS.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back