Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially in Sleep macOS saves the system state to RAM, whereas in Hibernate it saves it to the SSD/Harddrive. Hibernate is a little slower, but sleep requires a continuous amount of energy going towards powering the RAM, whereas in Hibernate the Computer doesn't require energy.

It works for me without errors, it wakes up just fine by pressing the computer's power button, with no display issues. However I didn't conduct any testing beyond my setup.

Can anyone confirm this is working for them (sleep, wake, display) with their boards? This could be the workaround we've all been hoping for. Thanks @laurajuliette

Hello all,
I am having a little bit of trouble getting the installer to boot.

Right now,
I am using the Intel HD 530 graphics with a DVI cable.

The error I am receiving is the missing Bluetooth controller transport. This is really bugging me out because I followed the guide as perfectly as I could. I have attached a photo of the error while booting in verbose mode. Right after this error, the monitor goes to sleep but my computer stays on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just plug in a cheap bluetooth dongle to the USB port. That is what I have one on my MSI H170M Pro-VDH mother board. The dongle I used is (still plugged in) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191169868906

I'm pleased to say this workaround does work!! I'm running a Gigabyte H170-N using the HD530 stock graphics. Running El Capitan 10.11.6. I went as far as a clean install and could not solve the problem. Run the following in terminal, and you're good to go.
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25
Enjoy.

Indeed it makes sense to use iMac17,1 with this hardware.

I've spent a lot of time over the past week testing my port connections and the Framebuffer connectors. The desktop framebuffer we are injecting is 0x12190000, its contains 3 external connectors which are all Display Port(DP) connectors. As I've got a DP on my motherboard it seems to work for me to use this method. Your similarities here is that you both have HDMI and DVI, no native DP connector.

If you want to test editing your connectors from DP to HDMI (same as DVI) to see if you can get dual monitors running at the desktop using the hot plug method, I'm willing to help. It requires a little more work and you'll need to boot individually connected to each screen and make a copy of IOReg and upload them. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg Please name IOReg as connected screen, i.e HDMI.ioreg or DVI.ioreg.
Also document you port layout, 1x HDMI, 1xDVI 1x? if you have another port. in your config.plist Please use the 10.11-SKL-19120000-4_displays patch(credit : toleda) in Post#1 prior to getting each IOreg.

Make sure you have UniBeast/Installer that is capable of getting back into OS X if you want to test. A failsafe so to speak.

This isn't guaranteed to make dual monitors work with your port layout but there is a better chance with the connector edits. Hopefully in later release of OS X we'll get native support for this.

I was able to get mine working following what @alalal did earlier in this thread.

To echo what wildwillow has said, I have a system that works just fine provided that you power up with only a single monitor connected. The second monitor can be added after OS-X has booted. This is a bit of a pain, but less of a pain than no dual monitor support.

On my system (Skylake, GA-Z170N, intel graphics), if the system is accidentally booted with both monitors connected (e.g. power outage), rebooting with a single monitor does not necessarily work. To fix this, power down monitors and machine, disconnect monitors from machine, wait ten minutes, reconnect one monitor only, and power up. Occasionally the display appears very flickery, and this is not resolved by rebooting. To remedy this go into system preferences, choose a different resolution, then select the original resolution.

Have you had any success with finding a way to boot normally with both monitors connected?

Last edited:
I've had the Intel HD 530 iGPU working before, but I'm not sure what I changed, it's giving me problems.
I can boot using my GTX 1080, but, obviously, no QI/QC. This makes it just usable enough to change kexts and reboot if I need to.

UEFI settings are as follows:
- Primary Graphics Display is set to iGFX
- DMVT Pre-Allocation is set to 64MB
- XHCI Handoff Enabled
- CSM is disabled entirely
- Secure Boot is disabled

Clover settings:
- nv_disable=1
- -v

When attempting to use OsxAptopFixDrv, Clover hangs at:
"++++++++++++++++++++++"

When attempting to use OsxAptioFix2Drv, I get the following error:
kyWuqX6.jpg

I have ensured that Inject Intel is set to "True" in the config.plist, and have tried leaving it "False".
I have the proper Graphics injections per the first page of the guide.

EDIT: Included a copy of my CLOVER folder, "themes" omitted. Any help at all would be amazing.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Can you explain me how you can set the memory from 32 to 64 on the z170i pro gaming motherboard (bios)

I can't remember off hand. I'll go through the BIOS and update this post once I find it again.

Hi,

I just tested 10.11.6 on a 'i5 6600 @ 3.30GHz' with an 'Intel HD 530'. I have used the latest multibeast which includes all the patches described on the top of the thread.

I have two issues:

1. I had to choose sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to have the text appeared correctly on the top menu bar
2. CineBench measures 28.17fps. On the same machine under Windows 10 CineBench measures 50.19fps.

Are these known issues? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

Update: I think I may have found the problem for those of you that can't enable a second monitor using HD530.
Since the recent release of 10.11.5, when I updated I lost the ability to hot plug my second monitor at the desktop. The only difference on my system is, before I was using the Nvidia GTX970 and to use this with an iMac17,1 system definition I had to disable Apple's Graphics Device policy. This was disabled when testing HD530/dual monitor in 10.11.4 and was unaware it affected HD530.

Using HD530 with an iMac17,1 limits you to one boot display and no second monitor unless you remove Apple Graphics Device policy. HD530 is restricted too as is the Nvidia cards with this system definition. Now I've disabled Apples graphics display policy in 10.11.5 hot plugging my second monitor is working.

If anyone wants to test/confirm my theory go ahead and apply the fix in Problem 4/Method 2 here : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems Restart required.
Alternatively use shilohh's app at the bottom of Post#1 here: Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition Restart required.
i can't find the Apples graphics display policy in the S/L/E
all i do is:
install osx 10.11.6 (make image with vmware)
install driver with MultiBeast
then i can use dvi or hdmi,but no dual monitors(hd530 with 1536MB)
the kext in S/L/E are:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
realtekALC.kext
FakePCIID.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext

have i lost some produce?
and forgive my poor english
Thanks

I've had the Intel HD 530 iGPU working before, but I'm not sure what I changed, it's giving me problems.
mount EFI and just get rid of osxaptiofix2drv and install osxaptiodrv using clover installer that should solve atlas it did for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back