Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting your results. I have no experience with laptop framebuffers and to continue we'll need to move to the Laptop Forum as this is Desktop Only. Looking at the framebuffer you're injecting (0x00001b19), I'd need to see an IOReg with the connected displays, and to see which framebuffer connector is attached to the laptop screen.

just a FYI,

managed to get triple extended(aka independent) display mode working (albeit on my skylake laptop HD 530 0x191b0000)
internal display(port0)+HDMI(port5)+VGA(port7)
internal display(port0)+DVI(port5)+DVI(port6)

no SKL graphics kextpatches needed, iMac17,1 (and disabling Apple's Graphics Device policy).
Doesn't boot with all connected, need to manipulate it after boot to get extended triple display to work (kextpatch might be useful, need to post IOreg on my laptop thread)

but this means that the driver does support triple display to some extent.

you guys will need to test this out on your various desktop mobos

After update NVIDIA Web Drivers I can't see Intel HD 530 on System Report. I changed the IGPU first start machine I can't even see Clover Boot screen. After Motherboard Boot Logo display turn black with Glitch top of the screen. I changed OS X Driver first removed injection from config.plist nothing changed.

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 14.28.08.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 269
just a FYI,

managed to get triple extended(aka independent) display mode working (albeit on my skylake laptop HD 530 0x191b0000)
internal display(port0)+HDMI(port5)+VGA(port7)
internal display(port0)+DVI(port5)+DVI(port6)

no SKL graphics kextpatches needed, iMac17,1 (and disabling Apple's Graphics Device policy).
Doesn't boot with all connected, need to manipulate it after boot to get extended triple display to work (kextpatch might be useful, need to post IOreg on my laptop thread)

but this means that the driver does support triple display to some extent.

you guys will need to test this out on your various desktop mobos
Similar results as I've got. I'm able to switch the 2nd monitor on just after POST and it boots normally with dual monitors. No desktop users with 3 displays testing as of yet. Hoping for better HD530 support in the next update.

After update NVIDIA Web Drivers I can't see Intel HD 530 on System Report. I changed the IGPU first start machine I can't even see Clover Boot screen. After Motherboard Boot Logo display turn black with Glitch top of the screen. I changed OS X Driver first removed injection from config.plist nothing changed.
Using both Nvidia and Intel graphics requires Intel to be set as Primary Display in the
BIOS: System Agent>Configuration>Graphics Configuration>Primary Display>IGPU +
IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled. You config.plist looks ok for dual graphics.

Using both Nvidia and Intel graphics requires Intel to be set as Primary Display in the
BIOS: System Agent>Configuration>Graphics Configuration>Primary Display>IGPU +
IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled. You config.plist looks ok for dual graphics.

Alright I set to primary as a IGPU but disabled Multi-Monitor. I didn't get used to new BIOS :). Thank you again you save me.

For what its worth. My build consists of:

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, Core i7 6700K, 32Mb Kingston HyperX, OCZ Vertex 120Gb SSD
Graphics is the internal Intel HD 530

To boot and install the system I created a USB stick (Sandisk 16Gb) with the latest Unibeast and El Capitan 10.11.4. I installed the latest Clover on this stick and created a Macpro 3,1 SMBIOS definition. I also installed the USB limit patch. BIOS as decribed in Skylake Starter Guide.

Note: I cannot boot the Unibeast USB with an iMac17,1 def on it. The screen just switches off, it somehow looses the HDMI signal. Even with all HDMI and port patches applied it will not boot into the install GUI.

To first time boot the new install I created a second USB stick with Clover installed and the iMac17,1 definition, and necessary HDMI and USB patches on it. This stick also contains the latest Clover package and the iMac17 definition in order to prepare the Macintosh disk for booting. So once I booted the system of the stick, I installed Clover on the SSD, added the iMac17,1 config.plist and necessary patches.

I attached the SMBIOS Macpro 3,1 config.plist. I hope that it will be of any help.

I have the same board and processor and was experiencing exactly the same issues. Constant loosing of HDMI signal, automatic reboots etc. Was about to pull out my hair when I tried one last thing. I upped the voltage of the CPU in the BIOS a little to 1.3v and voila. Everything works as expected.

Just wanted to note, that while sleep is broken for most people, *display sleep* works fine as long as it's initiated by the computer. Using DP with a Dell 2415Q 4K@60hz I cannot turn off the monitor without having to do a hard reboot to get a picture back, but initiating display sleep with Control–Shift-Eject/Power will work fine. I have not seen this mentioned so far, so I thought I'll put a note out. Personally I can live without sleep, but having the possibility to turn off my monitor is way more important.

I have the same board and processor and was experiencing exactly the same issues. Constant loosing of HDMI signal, automatic reboots etc. Was about to pull out my hair when I tried one last thing. I upped the voltage of the CPU in the BIOS a little to 1.3v and voila. Everything works as expected.

That might be worth a try. Thanks.

Just wanted to note, that while sleep is broken for most people, *display sleep* works fine as long as it's initiated by the computer. Using DP with a Dell 2415Q 4K@60hz I cannot turn off the monitor without having to do a hard reboot to get a picture back, but initiating display sleep with Control–Shift-Eject/Power will work fine. I have not seen this mentioned so far, so I thought I'll put a note out. Personally I can live without sleep, but having the possibility to turn off my monitor is way more important.

Thanks for posting. Would you mind posting your solution over in this thread discussing HD530 wake from sleep Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake. For those looking to turn off their monitor is definitely a start.

OK after testing Intel HD 530 on the ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with success, I tested the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH. It appears as if we'll have to do some work on the Z170X-UD5-TH to make it work.

With Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH:
If I use Inject Intel = No I get black screen on HDMI port, which is the only graphics port besides the Thunderbolt 3 ports. If I Inject Intel = Yes, I can access the desktop, however there is no acceleration.

Bottom line- looks like we'll have to come up with some patches in order for some graphics port layouts to function correctly.

EDIT: Patching the framebuffer works- for the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH, here is the patch to use in Clover's KextstoPatch section. It will replace the unused Port 0x0 with 0x7.

Code:
<dict>                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Intel HD 530 - Port 7 as HDMI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                /wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
                </data>
</dict>

Thanks to ammulder for the patch info!

How does this looks like in Clover Configurator?
I am using the same mobo - (Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH) and I am wondering if i can reach the same result with the help of Clover Configurator?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back