Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not correct, <data> must be base64 not hex (text editor).
Thanks for the tip!
Changed to:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>SKL-0x19260000_Port0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQUJAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>

But still not working.
Any ideas how I can get this working ?

Of course now that I try to reproduce both monitors working today, I get totally different results. I even documented all the different combinations I tried. I will keep working and let you know if I get something working. Well I was able to save a IOReg of HDMI and DP but not when both were working at the same time. I was unable to get a hot plug working today. Every time I plugged the other monitor in my whole system restarted.

I have also attached my config.plist.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DP.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 202
  • HDMI.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 220
  • config copy.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 324
Of course now that I try to reproduce both monitors working today, I get totally different results. I even documented all the different combinations I tried. I will keep working and let you know if I get something working. Well I was able to save a IOReg of HDMI and DP but not when both were working at the same time. I was unable to get a hot plug working today. Every time I plugged the other monitor in my whole system restarted.

I have also attached my config.plist.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting your files. I believe that you are booting from more than one config.plist. This is stopping you from getting both screens working using the hot plug method this time around and stopping you receiving the necessary results.

Suggest removing any other drive that contains the Clover boot loader, i.e..USB's etc. When you boot using the HDMI port you are injecting 0x12190000 which is in the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer(Skylake). When you boot with the DP your system(another clover config.plist?) is injecting 0x0D220003 which is in the AppleIntelGraphicsFramebufferAzul.kext(Haswell).

From my testing with the same port layout, you'll want to boot the DP and hot plug the HDMI monitor. It doesn't work for me the other way around.

Can you confirm another config.plist aburk?

Last edited:
Update: I think I may have found the problem for those of you that can't enable a second monitor using HD530.
Since the recent release of 10.11.5, when I updated I lost the ability to hot plug my second monitor at the desktop. The only difference on my system is, before I was using the Nvidia GTX970 and to use this with an iMac17,1 system definition I had to disable Apple's Graphics Device policy. This was disabled when testing HD530/dual monitor in 10.11.4 and was unaware it affected HD530.

Using HD530 with an iMac17,1 limits you to one boot display and no second monitor unless you remove Apple Graphics Device policy. HD530 is restricted too as is the Nvidia cards with this system definition. Now I've disabled Apples graphics display policy in 10.11.5 hot plugging my second monitor is working.

If anyone wants to test/confirm my theory go ahead and apply the fix in Problem 4/Method 2 here : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems Restart required.
Alternatively use shilohh's app at the bottom of Post#1 here: Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition Restart required.

Update: I think I may have found the problem for those of you that can't enable a second monitor using HD530.
Since the recent release of 10.11.5, when I updated I lost the ability to hot plug my second monitor at the desktop. The only difference on my system is, before I was using the Nvidia GTX970 and to use this with an iMac17,1 system definition I had to disable Apple's Graphics Device policy. This was disabled when testing HD530/dual monitor in 10.11.4 and was unaware it affected HD530.

Using HD530 with an iMac17,1 limits you to one boot display and no second monitor unless you remove Apple Graphics Device policy. HD530 is restricted too as is the Nvidia cards with this system definition. Now I've disabled Apples graphics display policy in 10.11.5 hot plugging my second monitor is working.

Couple of questions:
- what board-id are you using?
- did you rename GFX0 to IGPU?

If anyone wants to test/confirm my theory go ahead and apply the fix in Problem 4/Method 2 here : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems Restart required.
Alternatively use shilohh's app at the bottom of Post#1 here: Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition Restart required.

HOORAY! :clap: This worked for hot plugging the DVI screen. I used Problem 4/Method 2 as you described. Both screens working with your patches and intel injected. I don't have time to test more configurations now but will in a week or so. Thanks so much!

Going to try this asap.
Do I need other patches in the config.plist, or just this Apple Graphics Device policy patch ?

Going to try this asap.
Do I need other patches in the config.plist, or just this Apple Graphics Device policy patch ?

There's only one way to find out! Fortunately the worst that's come from testing these patches is it won't boot with QE/CI, contrary to breaking the install altogether.

Going to try this asap.
Yiehaaa ! It worked :)
Thanks everybody for the help. Much appreciated !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back