Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't work for me (DVI and HDMI). With both plugged in and either turned off, it boots as if both are on (DVI no input, HDMI scrambled). The hot plug method has zero effect on the system (whichever monitor was initially plugged in stays active, nothing on the other). Acceleration does work with either one plugged in at boot with no specific patches necessary. I've tried all the existing combos to no affect.

I did notice that MacPro 3,1 system definition will allow both monitors to work however I couldn't rearrange them at all (HDMI was master). Changing to 3,1 was an accident and I have iMessage all set up on 17,1 so I'd much rather use 17,1 and get that working.
Indeed it makes sense to use iMac17,1 with this hardware.

Same here.
I have iMac 17,1. Haven't tried with MacPro 3,1.

I've spent a lot of time over the past week testing my port connections and the Framebuffer connectors. The desktop framebuffer we are injecting is 0x12190000, its contains 3 external connectors which are all Display Port(DP) connectors. As I've got a DP on my motherboard it seems to work for me to use this method. Your similarities here is that you both have HDMI and DVI, no native DP connector.

If you want to test editing your connectors from DP to HDMI (same as DVI) to see if you can get dual monitors running at the desktop using the hot plug method, I'm willing to help. It requires a little more work and you'll need to boot individually connected to each screen and make a copy of IOReg and upload them. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg Please name IOReg as connected screen, i.e HDMI.ioreg or DVI.ioreg.
Also document you port layout, 1x HDMI, 1xDVI 1x? if you have another port. in your config.plist Please use the 10.11-SKL-19120000-4_displays patch(credit : toleda) in Post#1 prior to getting each IOreg.

Make sure you have UniBeast/Installer that is capable of getting back into OS X if you want to test. A failsafe so to speak.

This isn't guaranteed to make dual monitors work with your port layout but there is a better chance with the connector edits. Hopefully in later release of OS X we'll get native support for this.

Hey, I got this working using my GA-Z170X-UD3 hackintosh however, I can't get my dual monitors working. I have my HDMI monitor working (obviously) but my second monitor which is VGA doesn't work it shuts off 1/4 through the apple logo boot. if I try turning it on after I get to the desktop it doesn't work and if I unplug and plug it back in It reboots the PC. Any reason as to why hd 530 wouldn't support dual monitors even though it's natively supported in OS X?

Hey, I got this working using my GA-Z170X-UD3 hackintosh however, I can't get my dual monitors working. I have my HDMI monitor working (obviously) but my second monitor which is VGA doesn't work it shuts off 1/4 through the apple logo boot. if I try turning it on after I get to the desktop it doesn't work and if I unplug and plug it back in It reboots the PC. Any reason as to why hd 530 wouldn't support dual monitors even though it's natively supported in OS X?

VGA isn't supported in OS X. You've got an alternate option being a DVI port but connector edits seem necessary when there is no native DP. If you only have a 2nd monitor being VGA then I'd disregard it being a another display unless it has another input (DVI?). In later releases of OS X it should be natively supported for multi-monitor. As for now my guess is the lack of Skylake hardware supported by Apple using integrated graphics is minimal. Their latest products support HD515.

VGA isn't supported in OS X. You've got an alternate option being a DVI port but connector edits seem necessary when there is no native DP. If you only have a 2nd monitor being VGA then I'd disregard it being a another display unless it has another input (DVI?). In later releases of OS X it should be natively supported for multi-monitor. As for now my guess is the lack of Skylake hardware supported by Apple using integrated graphics is minimal. Their latest products support HD515.
Sounds good so if I just buy a VGA to DVI-D adapter it should work for sure?

Sounds good so if I just buy a VGA to DVI-D adapter it should work for sure?
No it won't work, I mentioned to disregard the VGA port altogether. Your motherboard has 3 ports 1x HDMI (working on its own), 1x DVI (possible 2nd monitor with DVI-DVI cable) and 1x D-Sub (this will not work in OS X). http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5499#sp - check onboard graphics.

If your 2nd monitors input port is VGA, you'd be better buying a new monitor. Don't waste your money on a convertor/adapter for VGA.

No it won't work, I mentioned to disregard the VGA port altogether. Your motherboard has 3 ports 1x HDMI (working on its own), 1x DVI (possible 2nd monitor with DVI-DVI cable) and 1x D-Sub (this will not work in OS X). http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5499#sp - check onboard graphics.

If your 2nd monitors input port is VGA, you'd be better buying a new monitor. Don't waste your money on a convertor/adapter for VGA.

Weird okay, it's just a temp second monitor since my workspace is being renovated so I don't have room for my regular triple monitor setup. About the VGA thing, you mentioned OS X doesn't support VGA but when I used my gt 730 it worked. Regardless thanks for the advice I'll go out and grab a DVI cable

OS X doesn't support VGA but when I used my gt 730 it worked. Regardless thanks for the advice I'll go out and grab a DVI cable

With the correct adapter it "can" work with a discreet graphics card. I too had one working with an AMD Radeon 6850. When it comes to Intel onboard and OS X, OS X becomes really fussy and likes all external displays to be digital. We'll probably have to edit your connectors using Clovers KextsToPatch. Glad its only a cable and not a new monitor. Let me know when you have your new cable.

With the correct adapter it "can" work with a discreet graphics card. I too had one working with an AMD Radeon 6850. When it comes to Intel onboard and OS X, OS X becomes really fussy and likes all external displays to be digital. We'll probably have to edit your connectors using Clovers KextsToPatch. Glad its only a cable and not a new monitor. Let me know when you have your new cable.
Sounds good thanks I'll try and grab it today!

I got the cable now when I boot it both screen go blank before I get to the desktop lool

Has anyone else had an issue with getting the Prohibitory Sign on boot with the IGPU enabled? I've noticed that if I leave Clover unattended it will boot fine, but if I use the keys (for instance, to skip the 5 second boot delay) I'll get a Prohibitory and have to reset. I'm assuming it's a Clover bug but it sure is a weird one. I don't have any injectors or platform-ID in my config.plist, and it happens whether a monitor is connected to the board's HDMI or to a discrete GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back