Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have tried everything to get my system working yet i can't manage to get Intel HD 530 100% working stuck in 720p no acceleration/glitches.

View attachment 182260

Ethernet works great all USB work very compatible with my system just the Intel HD 530 I'm struggling with.

Motherboard:
MSI Z170I GAMMING PRO AC

Have you edited the config.plist adding the ig-platform-id ? And you might try a different SMBIOS. I am running iMac 14,2 as I had issues with iMac 17..

Good modding,
neil

Have you edited the config.plist adding the ig-platform-id ? And you might try a different SMBIOS. I am running iMac 14,2 as I had issues with iMac 17..

Good modding,
neil

HD 530 in the iMac 14,2 not works as in 17

For the (inject-intel, ig-platfrom-id) = (true,0x19120000), it shows the same information as http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...tel-hd-graphics-general-discussion/?p=2225662, in which the hd 530 with HDMI works.

For me, the hd 530 with displayport fails.

screenshot:
screenshot.jpg

For the (inject-intel, ig-platfrom-id) = (true,0x19120000), it shows the same information as http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...tel-hd-graphics-general-discussion/?p=2225662, in which the hd 530 with HDMI works.

For me, the hd 530 with displayport fails.

i got the same result

no matter what i modifier, HDMI@1080P works with acceleration
but unable to output 4K@HDMI 2.0

messing around with those parameter
sometimes can output displayport@4K without acceleration.(system info show hd530 31MB)
some setting just showing no input after the "white apple" screen

(ASUS Z170I pro gaming mb + i5-6600K, monitor LG 27MU67)

EDIT: Patching the framebuffer works- for the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH, here is the patch to use in Clover's KextstoPatch section. It will replace the unused Port 0x0 with 0x7.

How would we patch it to be a displayport? I am wondering if, with the LSPCon that makes the port HDMI 2.0, that wouldn't basically act as an active DP to HDMI 2.0 and allow driving higher resolutions/refresh rates. My monitors are 3440x1440, and in OS X only display port will drive that at 60hz.

Would love to test it. the HDMI patch works at 50hz.

g\

OK after testing Intel HD 530 on the ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with success, I tested the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH. It appears as if we'll have to do some work on the Z170X-UD5-TH to make it work.

With Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH:
If I use Inject Intel = No I get black screen on HDMI port, which is the only graphics port besides the Thunderbolt 3 ports. If I Inject Intel = Yes, I can access the desktop, however there is no acceleration.

Bottom line- looks like we'll have to come up with some patches in order for some graphics port layouts to function correctly.

EDIT: Patching the framebuffer works- for the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH, here is the patch to use in Clover's KextstoPatch section. It will replace the unused Port 0x0 with 0x7.

Code:
<dict>                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Intel HD 530 - Port 7 as HDMI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                /wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
                </data>
</dict>

Thanks to ammulder for the patch info!

It still doesn't work :(

I had problems using 2 monitors (hdmi 1080p) at first, but after setting inject-intel false and removing ig-platform-id key and corresponding string (0x19120000) from my config.plist it works great! I ran some benchmarks and added the results to the Graphics Testing / Benchmarking Chart
:D

Now I'm just waiting for HD 530 to be added to the selection list for my build signature ;)

Is it possible someday vga port will work?

Has anyone got the HD 530 working on a laptop yet? I've been doing some testing, but no success yet.

I'm able to boot to desktop, and it shows "Intel HD 530 7MB", but that's as good as I got so far. No acceleration yet.
When I tried setting intel to true, no luck: black screen
ig-platform-id to 0x191b0000: black screen
I think it "wants" to work, because of the black screen, but I can't figure out what she needs...

Does anyone know, on a more technical level, why the black screen appears? I've experienced this on another one of my rigs with the HD 5770 (fyi, it was weirdly 'fixed' by not including -v (go figure) and setting my SMBIOS to something like imac 14,2

Attachments

• IMG_5909.jpg
    IMG_5909.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 584
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back