Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, you're going into El Capitan/Library/Extensions, you need to go into El Capitan/System/Library. The system folder is hidden by default, forgot to mention that. Sorry.

With a finder window selected, press alt+shift+g and manually type /System/Library/Extensions it will bring you to the folder directly without the need to enable hidden folders or such.

Ah, you're going into El Capitan/Library/Extensions, you need to go into El Capitan/System/Library. The system folder is hidden by default, forgot to mention that. Sorry.

With a finder window selected, press alt+shift+g and manually type /System/Library/Extensions it will bring you to the folder directly without the need to enable hidden folders or such.

Ah everything I've read about editing the frame buffer kexts and such make so much more sense now! Found it, edited, testing...

Edit: Thanks for the results, at least now i know MTL isn't checking the pre-alloc memory. Could you perhaps try something else? Open the info.plist from AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext/Contents/ and change the MetalCoalesce from 0 to 1 (IOKit/Gen7/Development/) then try the benchmark again. Does it still work?

Tested at 96mb. It appears to be no change.
Screenshot 2016-04-13 21.47.04.png

You've edited the kext directly without fixing the permissions to it. Kexts situated in /S/L/E need to be properly installed for them to be loaded/work. You can use this utility to fix install kexts and fix permissions in that location http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Easy-Kext-Installer.shtml

Download it, open it and drag and drop the SKLGraphics.kext on the window, it will ask for your password and fix the permissions as well as rebuild kextcache. Once that is done, reboot and try again the bench, because right now it used a cached copy of the kext with MetalCoalesce set to 0.

Thanks for your patience! Here is the new test.
Screenshot 2016-04-13 22.26.43.png

Thank you very much. Hope the information you helped provide will help me understand what's going on on the mobile hd 530.

You guys can say whatever, but HD530 still not working on Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH, no workaround, just a black screen on boot.. This is so frustrating :(

For what its worth. My build consists of:

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, Core i7 6700K, 32Mb Kingston HyperX, OCZ Vertex 120Gb SSD
Graphics is the internal Intel HD 530

To boot and install the system I created a USB stick (Sandisk 16Gb) with the latest Unibeast and El Capitan 10.11.4. I installed the latest Clover on this stick and created a Macpro 3,1 SMBIOS definition. I also installed the USB limit patch. BIOS as decribed in Skylake Starter Guide.

Note: I cannot boot the Unibeast USB with an iMac17,1 def on it. The screen just switches off, it somehow looses the HDMI signal. Even with all HDMI and port patches applied it will not boot into the install GUI.

To first time boot the new install I created a second USB stick with Clover installed and the iMac17,1 definition, and necessary HDMI and USB patches on it. This stick also contains the latest Clover package and the iMac17 definition in order to prepare the Macintosh disk for booting. So once I booted the system of the stick, I installed Clover on the SSD, added the iMac17,1 config.plist and necessary patches.

I attached the SMBIOS Macpro 3,1 config.plist. I hope that it will be of any help.

Attachments

• config.plist-Macpro3,1.WORKING.plist
    7 KB · Views: 400
I've updated to 10.11.4 and it works well. But, now, I've a problem: I can't set the monitor on HD530 in portrait. I've it works in landscape mode ...
Is there a way to fix it?

I've used the inject-intel way...

Thank you in advance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back