Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys can say whatever, but HD530 still not working on Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH, no workaround, just a black screen on boot.. This is so frustrating :(

You guys can say whatever, but HD530 still not working on Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH, no workaround, just a black screen on boot.. This is so frustrating :(

@dolgarrenan, Have a look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...k-el-capitan-installation-10.html#post1235333

Can someone with working Skylake graphics please test if MTL Graphics is working on your machine? I wan't to know if the general support is lackluster for it in skylake or if it's another issue specific for mobile users... Thanks.

GfxBench - Metal benchmark: https://gfxbench.com/result.jsp

@dolgarrenan, Have a look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...k-el-capitan-installation-10.html#post1235333

Can someone with working Skylake graphics please test if MTL Graphics is working on your machine? I wan't to know if the general support is lackluster for it in skylake or if it's another issue specific for mobile users... Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 2.13.30 AM.jpg

compare with the reference HD530 in 1080P offscreen mode, mine hackintosh still a little bit behind
i don't know is it working on my hackintosh

at first using HDMI as output to go through those setting

Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000.
replace
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer from 1st post.
setting uEFI default GPU using iGPU, setting DVMT to 64mb
if you have d
isabled AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver.kext from the previous post, enable it

finally my hackintosh can output 4K@60hz via Displayport and acceleration is working
:thumbup:

View attachment 185086

compare with the reference HD530 in 1080P offscreen mode, mine hackintosh still a little bit behind
i don't know is it working on my hackintosh

Thanks a lot! Metal is working on your hackintosh. I'm not sure about the reference in the benchmark, it's possible you're compared to a OpenGL HD530 test score (you could test this by running gfxbench openGL, the score will probably be the same this time).

Could you post here or PM me a ioreg/iojones dump? Laptop users with HD530 don't have Metal Graphics working, I'm trying to understand where the problem lies.

One more question, at what value was your DVMT set in the bios during the Metal bench (64, 96 or 128)?

Thanks!

I have had QE/CI working fine on DVI output. Booting with another monitor on HDMI shuts off the DVI and has the useless garbled screen on HDMI. I tried your Skylake graphics injector hoping it'd fix that but with no luck. I put it in the Clover kext folder. Is that fine or do I need to inject it?

For what's it's worth, when booting to the DVI monitor, my BIOS boot screen is scaled correctly (1920x1080). When the HDMI is plugged in, it's large and obviously not optimized for the screen.

Lastly, currently testing the MTL graphics...Standby.

64mb...
64mb.png

96mb...
96mb.png

I have had QE/CI working fine on DVI output. Booting with another monitor on HDMI shuts off the DVI and has the useless garbled screen on HDMI. I tried your Skylake graphics injector hoping it'd fix that but with no luck. I put it in the Clover kext folder. Is that fine or do I need to inject it?

For what's it's worth, when booting to the DVI monitor, my BIOS boot screen is scaled correctly (1920x1080). When the HDMI is plugged in, it's large and obviously not optimized for the screen.

Lastly, currently testing the MTL graphics...Standby.

The skylake injector just fakes the 0x1912 id for mobile users, if your actual iGPU id is 0x1912, the injector won't do anything. If you have another id, then install the injector and the FakePCIID.kext in /S/L/E (it might work in the clover folder as well, but never tried it)

As for the garble part, mine is strictly on the leftside of the menubar, and it goes away if I boot into windows, run(with the intel gpu) a gpu benchmark or something else that is gpu intensive, then reboot back into OS X.

But this is temporary, after a couple of reboots it appears again.

Edit: Thanks for the results, at least now i know MTL isn't checking the pre-alloc memory. Could you perhaps try something else? Open the info.plist from AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext/Contents/ and change the MetalCoalesce from 0 to 1 (IOKit/Gen7/Development/) then try the benchmark again. Does it still work?

The skylake injector just fakes the 0x1912 id for mobile users, if your actual iGPU id is 0x1912, the injector won't do anything. If you have another id, then install the injector and the FakePCIID.kext in /S/L/E (it might work in the clover folder as well, but never tried it)

Ah okay. That makes more sense.

As for the garble part, mine is strictly on the leftside of the menubar, and it goes away if I boot into windows, run(with the intel gpu) a gpu benchmark or something else that is gpu intensive, then reboot back into OS X.

Yeah my screen is completely unusable, just like it was with QE/CI enabled back before 10.11.4. Both work fine in Windows 10, of course.

Edit: Thanks for the results, at least now i know MTL isn't checking the pre-alloc memory. Could you perhaps try something else? Open the info.plist from AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext/Contents/ and change the MetalCoalesce from 0 to 1 (IOKit/Gen7/Development/) then try the benchmark again. Does it still work?

Hmmmm...I don't seem to have that kext.. It's in S/L/E, correct?

Yep, System/Library/Extensions. You must have it, else you can't load the graphic kexts.

I'm not sure you understood what i said about windows. Graphic artifacts in OS X disappear after booting into windows for 5 minutes to run a gpu benchmark with the iGPU, then booting back into OS X. Something gets handled on windows and remains in memory for OS X to read, but goes away after several reboots.

Yep, System/Library/Extensions. You must have it, else you can't load the graphic kexts.

Screenshot 2016-04-13 21.08.24.png
How strange! I have had this setup since 10.11.1 so maybe it didn't load when I updated? But why is acceleration working now?

I'm not sure you understood what i said about windows. Graphic artifacts in OS X disappear after booting into windows for 5 minutes to run a gpu benchmark with the iGPU, then booting back into OS X. Something gets handled on windows and remains in memory for OS X to read, but goes away after several reboots.

Ah, that's interesting. I haven't tried that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back