i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i ve got this problem too but on sierra , is there any way ?
The first post in this thread addresses fixing a single monitor on the 530 in el capitan. If you are trying to get higher resolutions than 1080p on the 530, there are threads in the forum on another patch (crystal port patch? something like that?) If you are trying to get dual monitors there are discussions in this thread to make that happen.

On Sierra the main thing was that the 530 was giving artifacts in the upper left corner and dual monitors is iffy. The thread
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-graphics-glitch-fix.206410/
addresses the artifacts in the upper left corner. I applied those fixes and the artifacts go away but I can't get dual monitors (yet, I went back to el cap because I had work to do).

Motherboard
Asrock B150M-ITX
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, with the help of glitch fix and pixel clock patch, my 4k monitor connected to HDMI is working properly on the 530 in Sierra. Now I'm trying to set up dual monitors with a second 1080p monitor connected to DVI. Will changing connector type do the trick in Sierra? Or any other solutions? Thanks.

Motherboard
GA Z87 HD3
CPU
i4970k
Graphics
HD4600 (Intel integrated)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello

Thanks to this thread I managed to make my HD530 work with sierra without any glitches. My main concern is about dual monitors. I read somewhere in the thread that you can trick Sierra by switching on the second monitor after the boot. This solution would be ok for me but it does not work. Apparently I have to disable a kext or something in a kext... well I cannot find it again and the instructions were not that clear to me so a little advice here would be more than welcome!

Thanks for all those helping us!

Edit: I tryed Pike's patch but I get a "black screen" problem so I reverted back to my previous setup

Edit 2: using AGDPfix v1.3 is the way to go. Now enjoying sierra on a double screen setup!

Last edited:

ksy

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
I have ran both El Capitan and Sierra with HD 530 without any issues with my 10 year old screen using an DVI->HDMI adapter. However, I bought a new screen (https://www.amazon.com/dp/LU28E85KRS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20&tag=tonymacx86com-20) - and now I cannot turn off the screen and have to reboot to get a picture.

Have anyone experience with this kind of problem? Would greatly appreciate if someone knew a fix for this.

Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
@aol: Thanks for your incredible work, finally got dual monitors working!

One minor thing that is bugging me: I'd like to use my DP monitor as primary but when I start the system on my DP screen and plugin
the HDMI one the whole computer crashes / reboots. Other way around works just fine. Is there a fix for this or am i destined to always start through HDMI?

Motherboard
Asus Z390 Prime
CPU
i9 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Have managed to get my two monitors, one hdmi connected and one dvi connected to show up, but as soon as I try to mirror over the two or do anything both screen blackout. :/

aol

Motherboard
GA-Z370-HD3P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@aol: Thanks for your incredible work, finally got dual monitors working!

One minor thing that is bugging me: I'd like to use my DP monitor as primary but when I start the system on my DP screen and plugin
the HDMI one the whole computer crashes / reboots. Other way around works just fine. Is there a fix for this or am i destined to always start through HDMI?
Glad to help. My experience matches yours and I believe others: one monitor is "primary" by default and the process only works one way. I can't rule out some sort of patch that would remap ports but as far as I know there is no fix and it's not a battle I want to fight!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Rev.1.0
CPU
Intel Core i7, 7700K, 4.2 GHz
Graphics
5500XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, can you tell me if anyone managed to make the mackintosh sleep and wake up with the 530?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Rev.1.0
CPU
Intel Core i7, 7700K, 4.2 GHz
Graphics
5500XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
thanks... did you set something particular for this problem?

well I can see that you use another graphic card though XD

edit: well perhaps I was off topic because I'm on Sierra... but BTW I just solved my problem with darkwake=0

Thanks anyway : )

Last edited: