Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not get multimonitor to work. Running a 4k Display through Displayport as my main monitor
and an ultrawide through HDMI as second one. Both connected to the mainboard.

When I start with both turned on they show the same thing until the resolution change at 3/4 of the loadscreen
and then one turns off while the other lets me operate normally. If I just turn the second screen on while
OSX is running it does not get registered.

Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
i5 6600k
El Capitan
4 Display kext installed

You need to fill out your personal details and include Mobo, CPU, Graphics. Since I'm only using one monitor here you'll have to ask someone else about that issue.

Make sure your BIOS Internal graphic memory is set to 64Mb. Yes, you need to inject Intel for the 530. Typically it looks like below: What model ID# are you using there?

View attachment 215619
I've tried 0x19120000 and 0x19160000 but failed to boot. I haven't tried 64Mb - i've set 128Mb but in MacOS it saw only 5Mb
My monitor is connected via DVI but i need to enable DP so i can get full resolution. If i start system with DP connected monitor i get no signal at login screen.

OK after testing Intel HD 530 on the ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with success, I tested the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH. It appears as if we'll have to do some work on the Z170X-UD5-TH to make it work.

I have a hero and no gpu, what should I do right after installing sierra to get the 530 "working"?

Thanks,

It's not clear for me how to install 4 port patch. Should you just add this code to the config.plist file? What patches you mean DP to HDMI and DP to DVI?

I'm new to hackintosh.

To apply the 4-port patch what you need to do is add a block to the right section of config.plist. Ideally you would have two ways to boot, such as two internal drives, or internal plus USB boot, because if you mess up the config.plist it may affect your ability to boot. Adding the patch is complicated by the fact that Clover Configurator (the safest way to add patches to config.plist) displays patches differently than just text-editing config.plist. Something about hex or ascii. So what I do is add the patch using Clover Configurator, to make sure it's in the right place; then I text edit config.plist to make sure the values are right. What you are doing is telling clover to patch (modify) data it reads. You're telling it, when you encounter this binary string value, replace it with this other binary string value.

The 4 port patch is this patch, from post #1 of the 530 working on 10.11.4 thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQMDAw==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQMEAw==
</data>
<dict>

So I went into Clover Configurator, mounted my EFI partition, and opened the config.plist. I went to the *kernel and kext patches* tab. I clicked the plus sign under "KextsToPatch" to add an entry, double-clicked into Name and set the name, double-clicked into Comment and set the comment (using above comment and name) and for the find and replace just entered a space or nothing, since the values from the patch above are NOT what will show up in Clover Configurator. Then I saved and closed Clover Configurator and opened the config.plist in a text editor, found the block I'd just added, and edited the find and replace so the values matched the above. Once I was done, I visually verified that the block looked exactly like the above, but note that Clover Configurator will also add a <disabled></false></disabled> tag, you can disregard that - that is, leave it in, it's fine.

Save and quit, then open Clover Configurator again, go to kernel and kext patches, and make sure that everything is filled in (and understand the find and replace values will be different).

This is just my way of doing this, once you get comfortable with it there are a thousand ways to edit config.plist and add patches. I use this method so that I don't compromise the integrity of config.plist (and you should keep backups - config.plist.1, config.plist.2 or whatever).

The bottom line is that after you're done, there should be a new block in config.plist just like the above (possibly with the <disabled></false></disabled> tag in there) if you edit config.plist with a text editor. Once you've done that, when you reboot, IORegistryExplorer filtered for "display" should show AppleFramebuffer@1, AppleFramebuffer@2, AppleFramebuffer@3 and AppleFramebuffer@4, and if you click on each one and look at port number, you should see port 0x01, 0x05, 0x06, and 0x07. That's the four ports it's talking about. You can disregard the first one, you're just trying to map ports 5, 6 and 7 to the right connector type.

That's part 2, the patches that map port 5, port 6 and port 7 to the right connector type. This post is already too long. Reply back once you've gotten this far and I can go into detail about how I remapped my port 5 and 6 to the right connector type for my motherboard, since those were the two ports I identified were the HDMI and DVI ports.

I can not get multimonitor to work. Running a 4k Display through Displayport as my main monitor
and an ultrawide through HDMI as second one. Both connected to the mainboard.

When I start with both turned on they show the same thing until the resolution change at 3/4 of the loadscreen
and then one turns off while the other lets me operate normally. If I just turn the second screen on while
OSX is running it does not get registered.

Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
i5 6600k
El Capitan
4 Display kext installed
Best case for two monitors on el cap as far as I know is, boot with one monitor turned off, and turn it on at the desktop (before or after login is fine). I don't believe anyone has two monitors working from cold boot with the 530.

In order for my system to work this way (boot connected to HDMI, turn on DVI at desktop) I had to apply the AGDPFix patch because I'm using MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS. I believe this patch is required for MacPro 6,1, and iMac 16 and iMac 17 SMBIOSes, double check that on the forum - there's a thread about it.

For me on a 530, using MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS to get dual monitors on el cap I had to add the 4 port patch, ig-platform-id and inject intel true from the Graphics forum thread on Intel 530 working on 10.11.4; and I had to run the AGDPFix patch. I also added patches to properly set my connector type on ports 5 and 6 (on my motherboard, ports 5 and 6 are the HDMI and DVI ports). That requires some trial and error, there are threads that walk through it but basically you boot with one monitor, and use IORegistryExplorer to identify which port is which connector, then apply the right patches to change each port. For example, if you identify that port 0x06 is your HDMI port, you apply a patch that says change port 0x06 from 00 04 00 00 to 00 08 00 00. Connector type 00 04 00 00 is the default display link; 00 02 00 00 is DVI, and 00 08 00 00 is HDMI. I'm not positive setting the connector type is necessary, but I'd already done that and since my system is working, I'm not going to reverse it.

One other thing, on the 530, I believe to get 4k resolution working you need the pixel patch, or pixel port patch, or something like that. If you have issues with not being able to set the resolution as HIGH as you think it should go look for threads talking about that.

I've tried 0x19120000 and 0x19160000 but failed to boot. I haven't tried 64Mb - i've set 128Mb but in MacOS it saw only 5Mb
My monitor is connected via DVI but i need to enable DP so i can get full resolution. If i start system with DP connected monitor i get no signal at login screen.

Update: I've got some progress! Now my HD 530 shows 1536Mb vram and i was able to start OS with DP monitor 2560x1080. Glitches are still there.... Is there any way to fix vram amount?

To apply the 4-port patch what you need to do is add a block to the right section of config.plist. Ideally you would have two ways to boot, such as two internal drives, or internal plus USB boot, because if you mess up the config.plist it may affect your ability to boot. Adding the patch is complicated by the fact that Clover Configurator (the safest way to add patches to config.plist) displays patches differently than just text-editing config.plist. Something about hex or ascii. So what I do is add the patch using Clover Configurator, to make sure it's in the right place; then I text edit config.plist to make sure the values are right. What you are doing is telling clover to patch (modify) data it reads. You're telling it, when you encounter this binary string value, replace it with this other binary string value.

The 4 port patch is this patch, from post #1 of the 530 working on 10.11.4 thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQMDAw==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQMEAw==
</data>
<dict>

So I went into Clover Configurator, mounted my EFI partition, and opened the config.plist. I went to the *kernel and kext patches* tab. I clicked the plus sign under "KextsToPatch" to add an entry, double-clicked into Name and set the name, double-clicked into Comment and set the comment (using above comment and name) and for the find and replace just entered a space or nothing, since the values from the patch above are NOT what will show up in Clover Configurator. Then I saved and closed Clover Configurator and opened the config.plist in a text editor, found the block I'd just added, and edited the find and replace so the values matched the above. Once I was done, I visually verified that the block looked exactly like the above, but note that Clover Configurator will also add a <disabled></false></disabled> tag, you can disregard that - that is, leave it in, it's fine.

Save and quit, then open Clover Configurator again, go to kernel and kext patches, and make sure that everything is filled in (and understand the find and replace values will be different).

This is just my way of doing this, once you get comfortable with it there are a thousand ways to edit config.plist and add patches. I use this method so that I don't compromise the integrity of config.plist (and you should keep backups - config.plist.1, config.plist.2 or whatever).

The bottom line is that after you're done, there should be a new block in config.plist just like the above (possibly with the <disabled></false></disabled> tag in there) if you edit config.plist with a text editor. Once you've done that, when you reboot, IORegistryExplorer filtered for "display" should show AppleFramebuffer@1, AppleFramebuffer@2, AppleFramebuffer@3 and AppleFramebuffer@4, and if you click on each one and look at port number, you should see port 0x01, 0x05, 0x06, and 0x07. That's the four ports it's talking about. You can disregard the first one, you're just trying to map ports 5, 6 and 7 to the right connector type.

That's part 2, the patches that map port 5, port 6 and port 7 to the right connector type. This post is already too long. Reply back once you've gotten this far and I can go into detail about how I remapped my port 5 and 6 to the right connector type for my motherboard, since those were the two ports I identified were the HDMI and DVI ports.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and all your help!

I was able to add this patch and looks like it's working but I don't see the port number any where. I attached what is visible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 13.45.19.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 13.45.19.png
    293.9 KB · Views: 414
So overkill, you're now using the hd530 with a ASUS mobo, selecting HD530 from multibeast 9? How did you avoid the kernel panic???

yeah, I just did the standard multibeast install. it didn't check inject intel in the customize section. with it checked I had a panic. in clover configurator in the graphics tab inject intel was selected (not by me) with no ig-platform-id. I can boot but I only see 8mb cram and can't rotate the display. I'm about to try un-injecting intel in CC.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and all your help!

I was able to add this patch and looks like it's working but I don't see the port number any where. I attached what is visible.
It's there in your screenshot: 6 up from the bottom on the right side: port-number 0x0. That's port 0. I guess you should see 0x5, 0x6 and 0x7 for the other frame buffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back