CPU
Core i3
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think the DVI-D port is the safest choice. Many VGA monitors support both VGA and DVI input, maybe try switching. When I was installing, booting off the install USB, with VGA connected to my 530, the apple logo would show, the progress bar would get to about 2/3 full, then the screen would go blank. I changed config (inject intel = y, device id = 0x19120000, and added the 4 port patch) and used the DVI port instead and got to installer GUI just fine and haven't had issues since.

I used VGA on my previous el cap hackintosh, a GA-Z77X-UP4-TH-based system with discrete ATI GPU, so I'm not sure it's about Apple not supporting VGA per se.

You seem to be past where I had my issue. It sounds like you've used multibeast on your fresh install to apply the intel 530 patch in multibeast and now no longer get a signal after part of the boot up. I guess to get you an answer we'll need more info: are you using a discrete GPU, and if so, what? Or just the internal intel 530? FYI the nv_disable is only needed if you have a discrete nVidia card, and then only in some situations. If you're using only intel 530, did you apply the 4 port patch? Bottom line is, if you used a config.plist to install, and that SAME config.plist doesn't work to boot, something is wrong and you may need to start from scratch and pay close attention to edits you make. Can you boot to the installer GUI from the USB stick? Can you boot from the installer USB, but at clover, boot to boot drive, and get to the desktop?

Thanks for reply!

I was able to install Sierra from USB without any issue. Issue started when I used MultiBeast to install drivers for intel 530. After reboot all I had the same issue "the apple logo would show, the progress bar would get to about 2/3 full, then the screen would go blank".

Using only internal intel 530 and didn't apply 4 port patch. How can I do this? After this patch can I install drivers from MultiBeast?

Today I reinstalled everything but didn't install drivers for intel hd. Graphics works really slowly in launcher menu and some other screens. So I guess the issue is with drivers.

aol

Motherboard
GA-Z370-HD3P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for reply!

I was able to install Sierra from USB without any issue. Issue started when I used MultiBeast to install drivers for intel 530. After reboot all I had the same issue "the apple logo would show, the progress bar would get to about 2/3 full, then the screen would go blank".

Using only internal intel 530 and didn't apply 4 port patch. How can I do this? After this patch can I install drivers from MultiBeast?

Today I reinstalled everything but didn't install drivers for intel hd. Graphics works really slowly in launcher menu and some other screens. So I guess the issue is with drivers.

My understanding is that as of 10.11.4 you can use Intel IGPU 530 by doing the following (with a single monitor on DVI-D or HDMI port):
- Use Inject Intel=No or Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000
- apply 4 port patch in clover configurator
The patch is in the first post in this thread. 10.11-SKL-19120000-4_displays

I think that's exactly what MultiBeast's easy 530 setup does. But I didn't use that; I used CloverConfigurator to inject intel with the platform ID and added the 4 port patch on the "kernel and kext patches" tab. That is, I did it manually.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (F22g)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Currently the 530 glitch issue you mention above continues to exist in Sierra without a fix. In El Capitan that graphic issue doesn't exist. The only issue I experience in El Capitan is the inability of the monitor to wake back up from a sleep state.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS H170-PLUS D3
CPU
Core i3
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My understanding is that as of 10.11.4 you can use Intel IGPU 530 by doing the following (with a single monitor on DVI-D or HDMI port):
- Use Inject Intel=No or Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000
- apply 4 port patch in clover configurator
The patch is in the first post in this thread. 10.11-SKL-19120000-4_displays

I think that's exactly what MultiBeast's easy 530 setup does. But I didn't use that; I used CloverConfigurator to inject intel with the platform ID and added the 4 port patch on the "kernel and kext patches" tab. That is, I did it manually.

My issue fixed after I used HDMI port. Looks like VGA port is not working at all.

Thanks for the help!

Motherboard
ASUS H110M-E
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 650Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Motherboard (rev 1.0)
CPU
Intel BX80662I36100 Core i3-6100 3M Cache, 3.70 GHz Processor
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 950 MINI-GTX950-2G 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
1. Has the glitch in the top left corner been fixed?
2. Is sleep now working? (no more black screen on wake?)

Any luck anyone?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (F22g)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
There's no luck involved. The 530 has problems in Sierra and needs a fix which hasn't happened yet. None of these so called workarounds resolve the artifacts issue. With regard to Sierra your current options are as follows:
a) Stay put on El Capitan
b) Purchase a discrete NVIDIA card
c) Tolerate the 530 artifacts in Sierra and hope there's a fix coming.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Motherboard (rev 1.0)
CPU
Intel BX80662I36100 Core i3-6100 3M Cache, 3.70 GHz Processor
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 950 MINI-GTX950-2G 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
There's no luck involved. The 530 has problems in Sierra and needs a fix which hasn't happened yet. None of these so called workarounds resolve the artifacts issue. With regard to Sierra your current options are as follows:
a) Stay put on El Capitan
b) Purchase a discrete NVIDIA card
c) Tolerate the 530 artifacts in Sierra and hope there's a fix coming.

Thanks In-N-Out. Can anyone confirm that NVIDIA (for example GTX 750Ti) on Sierra wakes up fine without issues?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.