Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
In my setup I used ig-platform-id 0x19120000 and Inject Intel true, however you might try different values. The most important config part is below.

Add to clover config:
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>AddProperties</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>IntelGFX</string>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 12.34.27 PM.png

Thanks to PikerAlpha for discovering AAPL,GfxYTile

Last edited:
For those unfamiliar, since macOS Sierra 10.12 update, Skylake's Intel HD 530 integrated graphics has had certain graphical artifacts or 'glitches' in the upper left corner of the menu bar and elsewhere. This does not occur under OS X El Capitan.

Veteran hacker PikerAlpha has come up with a simple solution that solves the issue for macOS Sierra. This can be done using DSDT, SSDT or via Clover's Devices > Add Properties to inject AAPL,GfxYTile.

For CustoMac Desktops, use MultiBeast's Graphics > HD 530 setting (This includes ig-platform-id of 0x19120000) and add the above code into your Clover config.plist. Reboot and glitches be gone.

:D

Credit/Source:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/aapl-properties-for-skylake-graphics/

Last edited:
Add to clover config:

Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>AddProperties</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>IntelGFX</string>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>

Thanks to PikerAlpha for discovering AAPL,GfxYTile
which ig-platform-id did you use?
inject intel?

Updated post. Set ig-platform-id to 0x191B0000. Inject Intel should be enabled.

I use 0x19120000 for desktop Intel HD 530.

For those unfamiliar, since macOS Sierra 10.12 update, Skylake's Intel HD 530 integrated graphics has had certain graphical artifacts or 'glitches' in the upper right corner of the menu bar and elsewhere. This does not occur under OS X El Capitan.

Veteran hacker PikerAlpha has come up with a simple solution that solves the issue for macOS Sierra. This can be done using DSDT, SSDT or via Clover's Devices > Add Properties to inject AAPL,GfxYTile.

For CustoMac Desktops, use MultiBeast's Graphics > HD 530 setting (This includes ig-platform-id of 0x19120000) and add the above code into your Clover config.plist. Reboot and glitches be gone.

Credit/Source:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/aapl-properties-for-skylake-graphics/
Does the patch also fix wake from sleep?

I use 0x19120000 for desktop Intel HD 530.
0x19120000 also works for me. Updated the post to 0x19120000 as it appears that this is the most common platform-id. Also changed wording a bit to state that this is my experience and others might try different values.

For those unfamiliar, since macOS Sierra 10.12 update, Skylake's Intel HD 530 integrated graphics has had certain graphical artifacts or 'glitches' in the upper right corner of the menu bar and elsewhere. This does not occur under OS X El Capitan.

Credit/Source:

I still don't get it why I am still getting black flicker glitch thing upper left corner? Here is my config.plist. I do what exactly you said but still getting glitch even I made clean install.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,285
I still don't get it why I am still getting black flicker glitch thing upper left corner? Here is my config.plist. I do what exactly you said but still getting glitch even I made clean install.
Your config looks good to me. Open IORegistryExplorer and verify that you have AAPL,GfxYTile for your GFX0/IGPU. If you see the value but still have glitches, I might only suggest to try different ig-platform-id + Inject Intel combinations. I had success with both 0x19120000 and 0x191B0000.

Does the patch also fix wake from sleep?
Didn't have a chance to test today, will tell you tomorrow. However I can tell that it fixes problems with textures in games and issues with video acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back