Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! :)

I need your advice regarding my GPU. I have PCIE GPU which is ATI Radeon R7 240 with 2 GB RAM. It's a low end GPU, and as far as i know, there's no support for Hackintosh Sierra. I installed Mac OS X Sierra, but my resolution is low.

Do you advise me to use my integrated Intel HD 530, because this GPU has native support for Mac OS X Sierra?
I don't know about ATI, but INTEL HD 530 works perfect in mac OS SIERRA 10.12.4.
The only problem i have is that when i put my hackintosh into sleep, when i wake up i can't get signal to my monitor.

Anyone got this working on 10.12.5? I just freshly installed 10.12.5 yesterday. My CPU is i5 6600k with HD530. First tried with latest Multibeast(intel HD5xx) and gave me a kernel panic on boot. Then restored EFI, tried with this method, again gave me the same panic. The panic pretty much says "AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer". I have iMac 14.2 profile.

Anyone got this working on 10.12.5? I just freshly installed 10.12.5 yesterday. My CPU is i5 6600k with HD530. First tried with latest Multibeast(intel HD5xx) and gave me a kernel panic on boot. Then restored EFI, tried with this method, again gave me the same panic. The panic pretty much says "AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer". I have iMac 14.2 profile.
Yes. It,s working. You need a kexts for Clover, that patches the framebuffer check in 10.12.5 (DVI and DP monitors in 10.12.5 check made failure, HDMI have to work. ) It,s LiLu kext and IntelGraphicsFixup. Just put them in the Clover folder /kexts/Other. LINK
Why don't you use SMBIOS iMac17.1? It is better for desktop skylake (speedstep, AGPM, quick sync)

Last edited:
Yes. It,s working. You need a kexts for Clover, that patches the framebuffer check in 10.12.5 (DVI and DP monitors in 10.12.5 check made failure, HDMI have to work. ) It,s LiLu kext and IntelGraphicsFixup. Just put them in the Clover folder /kexts/Other. LINK
Why don't you use SMBIOS iMac17.1? It is better for desktop skylake (speedstep, AGPM, quick sync)

Quicksync will not work with external GPU in 10.12.5 for me

Quicksync will not work with external GPU in 10.12.5 for me
It does not work for me too. QSV only works with the single HD530 for me. I don't know the decision.Many people QSV does not work with discrete GPU and skylake.

It does not work for me too. QSV only works with the single HD530 for me. I don't know the decision.Many people QSV does not work with discrete GPU and skylake.

With a little experimenting I noticed that I could have 3 x Graphics enabled. HD530, 1080Ti, 980TI and as long as I plugged my GUI monitor (and only one) into the HD530.... I would have all 3 graphics AND QuickSync.

So there's a way...Somehow. But the spoofing and the reverse engineering is a few steps beyond what I can accomplish!

In Russian site applelife , just confirmed that quick sync works on the following configuration: GA Z170-UD5, 6700K и GTX 960 STRIX OC 2048Mb 128bit GDDR5 [STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5] Two monitors were connected to Nvidia, one dvi and one hdmi. HD530 was 19120001 id (as in Real iMac - "empty framebuffer" ) But with Nvidia GT780 quick sync not work with this config.

Hi

I just have this glitch with Safari and iBook. i'm concerned?
Everything else seams to be ok
i use a GTX1070 on a Z170MX G5. Skylake i76700k.
Using a 4k resolution on a HP Envy 27 (HiDPI)
Thx

^ Same problem here.

Hey guys, is it possible to use the Nvidia Pascal web drivers (using GPU to power the monitors) AND an HD530 at the same time? I am running macOS 10.12.4, and I've got the latest Nvidia web drivers to power a Titan (Pascal).

The problem is: if I enable the HD530 in BIOS, I get this problem with icons in a bunch of places in macOS like this:

screenshot_hd530.png

However, if I disable the HD530 iGPU, then I cannot use iBooks/Xcode Instruments. I don't really care about iBooks but I really need Instruments for work. I have tried pretty much every combination of Inject Intel, ig-platform-id, and EVERY config.plist "AddProperties" patch I've seen on this thread. Any advice? Thanks!

I am also facing the exact same problem when I connect my monitor via DP with GTX 1060 and also have Intel HD 630 enabled for Xcode and iBooks to work. Is there any way to fix this glitch?

Disable you IGFX with the Bios.

I know that if I disable internal graphics then the glitches are gone but I would like to use internal graphics as a secondary gpu in order for Xcode instruments and iBooks to work correctly (they don't work with nvidia gpu). So is there a way to achieve this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back