Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I got a rx480 graphics card but that does not work how can i make that work? But now i use my Intel HD 530 but i got flickering in the left hand corner how can i solve that?

Hi,

I have installed Sierra on the following:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA H170M-D3H
BIOS Version: F6
Processor: Intel i5 6600
Graphics: Intel HD 530

Everything is pretty much running smoothly, except:

a) Graphics experiencing slight to major glitches and artifacts (depending on the open app).

b) "About this Mac" graphics continue to show only 5mb

I have read through the glitch fix thread, and I don't know if it applies? I seem to already have the right settings (ig-platform-id 0x19120000 etc.)

No matter what I do with the DVMT in BIOS, nothing changes! I have literally tried EVERY setting with both Pre-Allocated memory AND Total GFX mem and my settings in "about this Mac" continue to show only 5mb. Is there ANY other way to change this? I suspect it has something to do with my graphics issue.

I've attached my config.plist, IOReg, and screen shot of my system.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

• Duane’s iMac.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 100
  • system.png
    system.png
    99 KB · Views: 167
  • config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 206
I get KP everytime I apply the ig-platform-id. SMBIOS is 17,1. I can't make this work.

DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb?
No. I'm not sure where to find that option.

EDIT: Found it on BIOS. Wow. Finally. It works now! Thanks @RehabMan

Only problem now is HDMI Audio.

Last edited:
Hi,

b) "About this Mac" graphics continue to show only 5mb

I have read through the glitch fix thread, and I don't know if it applies? I seem to already have the right settings (ig-platform-id 0x19120000 etc.)
Far as I know you don't need to change DVMT past 64MB. Looking at your config nothing really stands out as wrong to me. How did you generate that config - did you use a forum post for your board, or install Clover from scratch, or use MultiBeast? You have a different CsrActiveConfig than I do but I don't really know what that does; I used a forum post specific to my board to pull a config from. I do believe that until you see the graphics memory at 1536MB your graphics are not set up properly. Sorry I can't help more.

This patch fixed the glitch for me. I still have all output devices that was added by cloverALC. Except HDMI audio. I don't have HDMI audio.

Far as I know you don't need to change DVMT past 64MB. Looking at your config nothing really stands out as wrong to me. How did you generate that config - did you use a forum post for your board, or install Clover from scratch, or use MultiBeast? You have a different CsrActiveConfig than I do but I don't really know what that does; I used a forum post specific to my board to pull a config from. I do believe that until you see the graphics memory at 1536MB your graphics are not set up properly. Sorry I can't help more.
Thanks a lot for your response man. It did send me down another path (which is good). I managed to solve the issue. Totally Noob mistake. Forgot I still had my bootable USB attached, so Clover wasn't injecting the right ig-platform-id. Perfect graphics now, with 1536mb VRAM :)

so i should not add "ig-platform-id 0x19120000" into config.plist ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back