Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those of you asking about quicksync it has nothing to do with this patch or lack thereof. You must use a system definition such as imac14,1 (many MacBook Pro definitions also work). Not sure why this is needed but it is. Maybe has something to do with applegraphicsdevicepolicy. Anyway if you need quicksync that is the way to do it and there isn't a significant tradeoff that i have seen. Now I am really hoping someone can figure out how to apply the glitch fix while also using a secondary video card (nvidia).
g\
Thanks, pal!

Changed to iMac 14,1 and QuickSync working!

2016-11-13_16-14-07.png

For all those of you asking about quicksync it has nothing to do with this patch or lack thereof. You must use a system definition such as imac14,1 (many MacBook Pro definitions also work). Not sure why this is needed but it is. Maybe has something to do with applegraphicsdevicepolicy. Anyway if you need quicksync that is the way to do it and there isn't a significant tradeoff that i have seen. Now I am really hoping someone can figure out how to apply the glitch fix while also using a secondary video card (nvidia).
g\
Thank you, gonna try that workaround. I wonder why it doesn't work with iMac17,1 definition though.

No glitches after applying the patch. Thank you!

However, it seems I cannot use multiple monitors. Would this issue be ever fixed or should I consider a working external video card?

A little bit annoying but nothing to worry about, the issue I'm having since I fixed the graphics is that I lost the audio devices, can't reproduce audio with hdmi, I have to use headset :S Someone knows how to fix audio?
Nope, never fixed them. Supper annoying. It's only happening in Electron apps (I think).

wake up from sleep does not work for me too though graphic glitch has been fixed ,can you share your energy saver screen

Solved:darkwake=8 solved the issue
Yes I am using just HD530. Two GPU's not working at the same time. And I still don't get it how this sleeps work 'cause nothing any special attachment in my config.plist. But its working without any problem I tried today almost 20 more times and still waking.

Here is my config but as I told you nothing special in it.

Last edited:
for me audio via HDMI works fine share your config.plist maybe if I can find something though using HDMI internal HD530 no graphics card installed
A little bit annoying but nothing to worry about, the issue I'm having since I fixed the graphics is that I lost the audio devices, can't reproduce audio with hdmi, I have to use headset :S Someone knows how to fix audio?

wake up from sleep does not work for me too though graphic glitch has been fixed ,can you share your energy saver screen

Solved:darkwake=8 solved the issue
My case not sleep but screen sleep/wake without any problem. Here is my Energy Saver Screen;

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 20.33.17.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back