Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those unfamiliar, since macOS Sierra 10.12 update, Skylake's Intel HD 530 integrated graphics has had certain graphical artifacts or 'glitches' in the upper left corner of the menu bar and elsewhere. This does not occur under OS X El Capitan.

Veteran hacker PikerAlpha has come up with a simple solution that solves the issue for macOS Sierra. This can be done using DSDT, SSDT or via Clover's Devices > Add Properties to inject AAPL,GfxYTile.

For CustoMac Desktops, use MultiBeast's Graphics > HD 530 setting (This includes ig-platform-id of 0x19120000) and add the above code into your Clover config.plist. Reboot and glitches be gone.

:D

Credit/Source:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/aapl-properties-for-skylake-graphics/

How about HD 515?
I've tried it but the glitch remains. (Already have acceleration)

I think the main difference between our setups is the SMBIOS. You are using a MacbookAir one and I'm using iMac17,1.

Renaming GFX0 to IGPU is supposed to fix this issue but for some reason it isn't.

According to this guy here who has a similar setup to mine ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-530-no-quicksync.199614/ ), he can get it working by switching to Macbook Pro SMBIOS but it's still not fully accelerated.

Anyway, this thread is about the glitch fix so I won't post more offtopic here, thanks for the help again.

Could you guys help me? I'm having a really hard time. I think I've followed all the lines... but I cannot get my HD 530 to work.... these are my patched SSDT files and my IOreg dump. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :( but I cannot get rid of the glitch, nor having full acceleration.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 350
  • SSDT-1.aml
    461 bytes · Views: 258
  • SSDT.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 277
  • SSDT-2.aml
    154 bytes · Views: 239
  • Conrado’s iMac.ioreg
    17.2 MB · Views: 264
is this glitch also causing no gpu video acceleration ? Because mine is so slow/ laggy/ choppy it's unusable.

I'll give this a go in hope it fixes it!

I tried every possible way, 3 times clean install, all patch full patch, short patch, SSDT, DSDT method, every ig-platform-id, many SMBIOS, DVMT changed: 32MB(kernel panic) 64MB, 128MB + and I am still getting black flicker glitch thing upper left corner and sometimes on second stage boot.

Yes some people fix with this patch but its in my mobo problem still continue.

I really don't know what can I try?

I attached my ioreg and config. And what do you suggest me what can I try?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    691.2 KB · Views: 176
I tried every possible way, 3 times clean install, all patch full patch, short patch, SSDT, DSDT method, every ig-platform-id, many SMBIOS, DVMT changed: 32MB(kernel panic) 64MB, 128MB + and I am still getting black flicker glitch thing upper left corner and sometimes on second stage boot.

Yes some people fix with this patch but its in my mobo problem still continue.

I really don't know what can I try?

I attached my ioreg and config. And what do you suggest me what can I try?
i have attached mine for you to look at, i only use the clover patch and it was the only way it worked for me.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.5 KB · Views: 482
For people who cannot get it to work, try the attached SSDT (Without any add properties in config.plist), remember that the intel GPU will not show up, if you are using another GPU at the same time (You can get it to show up by setting inject intel -> true).

Attachments

• SSDT-HD530.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 337
i have attached mine for you to look at, i only use the clover patch and it was the only way it worked for me.

I looked your config.plist and all properties are same as mine. I used your ig-platform-id and it didn't work.

For people who cannot get it to work, try the attached SSDT (Without any add properties in config.plist), remember that the intel GPU will not show up, if you are using another GPU at the same time (You can get it to show up by setting inject intel -> true).

I used this SSDT before and it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back