Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you are asking me here? (If you have applehda related your codec in clover 10.12, also attached too)? You want a clover codec? Where is that located?
I'm not sure if I sent you a good config.plist that is working here without the glitch fix so I am sending it again.

i see your applehda is not lnclude HDAConfigDefault info.
do you have applehda dummy file in clover 10.12 folder?

give me message. this thread hd530 glitch fix.

i will optimize your desktop.

Codec is Realtek ALC1150 and 100 series audio. I also had to use audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command to get my audio working here for Sierra.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 06.59.54.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 06.59.54.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 371
Fixed my issue mentioned here earlier regarding the Sound input/output devices being lost after applying the original 520/530 glitch patch.
I restored my system from a backup (Clonezilla) then used sherlocks new v3 glitch fix found here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-skylake-menu-bar-glitch-fix.206400/#post-1362789. Make sure when inserting it into your config.plist at the appropriate spot that you leave off the final two </dict> entries shown in the patch after the end </array>

Should look like this
</array>
Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 1.35.40 AM.png

Not like this
Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 1.31.46 AM.png

Thanks go to both pike and sherlocks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Twa
I've tried this to see if it solves my issue but it didn't, I can't boot without changing manually the FakeID in Intel Injector on Clover Bootloader to 0x12345678, each time I try to boot without changing it I get kernel panic, and other issue is that when I successfully log in after using that fakeID my graphics in "About this Mac" are in Intel HD Graphics 530 7 MB :( I'm on a Asus B150 Pro Gaming Aura with Intel Skylake i7 6700k

I am SO glad because this finally fixed the issues for me :)
I applied the patch to the config.plist (as detailed by tonymacx86 in post #17) and set "inject Intel=True" as well as the correct ID for my HD530.
Huge thanks to everyone who helped find the fix!

On the downside the fix somehow broke my HDMI audio - but in a weird way: at first it was still working (last night and also this morning) while the glitch fix was already applied, and I was playing music when the audio suddenly stopped. I wasn't even sitting at my desk - it just happened like that. The sound device is still showing up though. Neither a restart nor re-running cloverHDMI script (latest version from toledas GitHub) could solve this.
Just on a sidenote: other audio devices are still working as expected (microphone and headphones via AUX connectors).

Maybe someone's got some info on why this is happening or what could be done to fix it?
I'd really appreciate that :)

m

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back