Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY GUYS

What happened with the Bug of putting sleep the hackintosh and never wake up the signal to monitor?

Did you found a way to solve this?
Please, let me know
Thanks! :)

GUYS, DID YOU FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS??? :confused:

GUYS, DID YOU FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS??? :confused:

I got a solution but it's not really a solution.
After getting fed up with all kinds of problems on HD 530, and no ends on Nvidia web driver, finally I bought a used Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4G for about $70 in mind condition (no dust at all!) It solves all the issues and even works OOTB on Mojave.
- 4K can now do 60Hz while it was 30Hz previously on HD 530
- Sleep works as good as the GTX1060 on High Sierra, which was my previous setup
- 3D CAD software is now back to a workable speed.

yeah it's not really a solution cause I don't have space in my hack to put a GC (and the heat is already way too much as my HD used for storage is almost always in the red in terms of temperature). I really regret SO MUCH to have gone for the HD 530. My media center is just up 24h/24 which is such a waste of electricity.

Interestingly, in Catalina after sleep, my system wakes up for few seconds. Its working normally, I can open new apps, etc, but after just about 5 seconds it reboots. Maybe it could be a little step forward?

Bumping this older thread. Just installed latest Catalina with my HD530 graphics and the only issue is when it sleeps, the computer will wake, just not the monitor. Bummed because this machine can't take a graphics card, the computer is the size of a PSU. Does anybody know if the HD630 sleep works??? I'll upgrade my CPU if that is the case.

H110m-STX | i3-6100T

Hi old Thread,

After fixing HD530 acceleration I also lost the sleep. while it were with just 10mb of VRAM it slept and wake fine for more than a month.

:/

I have tested several configurations. This one made my desktop wake up the monitor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
AAASGQ==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<data>