Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, not run for me, I only work with DP port and go blank screen, change port to HDMI and boot in 1920x1080, I go to sleep system and led green blinking, when I push power on, reset system.

Last edited:
I think this is a different issue. If my computer is running and I just turn off the monitor and turn it on again, the signal doesn't come back. The computer itself still functions though. I think this is the situation that you are describing, except that you start with the computer off.

The problem with sleep/wake is more severe in that it's not limited to the video signal, see my previous post.

the problem is the system KP's, thats why nothing works

Can confirm that this is basically killing the machine, not just a problem with the display not waking up.

However, i think it might be entirely unrelated to sleep. The system is in the same broken state when I just unplug and replug the HDMI or power cable on the monitor, no sleep required. Or does that only happen on my end?

yah see my previous post for the KP produced by intel framebuffer

Finally, I got it fixed (i5 6500). Following steps is not detailed enough, just for your information.

1) Set hibernate mode
$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25

2) Make sure image file can be written.
$ ls -lh /var/vm/sleepimage
-rw------T 1 root wheel 8.0G Dec 1 23:35 /var/vm/sleepimage

3) Not sure if these configuration is required.
System Preferences >> Energy Saver >> Power Nap disable
Clover: Boot parameter >> darkwake=0

4) Download RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-1115.zip from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads
extracting zip file, then copy:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
from Release to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

5) Modify /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist according attached config-Intel-HD530.plist
NOTE: I also changed the value of ig-platform-id from 'AAAWGQ==\n' to 'AAASGQ==\n'

6) Restart.

Good luck.

not sure what you are doing here. You are setting it to hiberate mode, which essentially a shutdown, you will have to resume the computer by booting and then choose hiberate resume , etc. This is not really a solution, might as well just shutdown then. But I guess it would save all your work you had open so its kind of cool.

Has anyone tried this and can reproduce these results?

No no, you are not alone, I get this exactly. If the monitor disconnects in anyway I cannot use the system anymore.

its because the system KP's, see my post on page 14, that is the KP thats produced.

Both 0x191600 and 0x191200 are invalid ig-platform-id values.
But they actually decode to 0x19160000 and 0x19120000 (which are valid).
And yes, the \n is wrong.

which platform ID is this?

Im pretty sure someone in this thread is using heavily modded dsdt and laptop with 530 and being able to sleep/wake with one monitor attached. Would like him to give a good writeup on what he did

Finally, I got it fixed (i5 6500). Following steps is not detailed enough, just for your information.

1) Set hibernate mode
$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25

2) Make sure image file can be written.
$ ls -lh /var/vm/sleepimage
-rw------T 1 root wheel 8.0G Dec 1 23:35 /var/vm/sleepimage

3) Not sure if these configuration is required.
System Preferences >> Energy Saver >> Power Nap disable
Clover: Boot parameter >> darkwake=0

4) Download RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-1115.zip from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads
extracting zip file, then copy:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
from Release to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

5) Modify /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist according attached config-Intel-HD530.plist
NOTE: I also changed the value of ig-platform-id from 'AAAWGQ==\n' to 'AAASGQ==\n'

6) Restart.

Good luck.

I'm a newbie...can you explain where and how to do steps 1 and 2? I can't find anything like this in Clover Configurator. Are you doing this somewhere else?

Well, let's hope that 10.12.2. has a nice surprise for us in terms of drivers (the 15 inch macbook pros have a 530, i just hope some brilliant dude finds a solution somewhere).

Also. should we post a new thread with the Kernel panic image? because technically, this is not a sleep issue so the title here is misleading

I'm a newbie...can you explain where and how to do steps 1 and 2? I can't find anything like this in Clover Configurator. Are you doing this somewhere else?

Open Terminal.app (or iTerm.app), and paste `sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25` in it, then press Enter key to run this command.

The symbol '$' means run that command as normal user, you'll be required to input your password to run it.

I am sorry that ideabit's solution (#141) does not work for me with the issue of being unable to wake after sleep. Before applying his solution, I could still wake up my M/B and its fans by pressing any key, just no display signal. After applying his solution, pressing any key won't wake up even my M/B and fans. Maybe my modification of config.plist did not get it right. Would ideabit or anybody else please take a look at my config.plist? Thanks a lot.

CPU: Intel I7-6700K
M/B: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5
Graphics: integrated Intel HD 530
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR4-3000 8G * 2
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth: BCM94360CD PCI-E Card

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 260
I am sorry that ideabit's solution does not work for me with the issue of being unable to wake after sleep. Before applying his solution, I could still wake up my M/B and its fans by pressing any key, just no display signal. .......

You may press the Power Button to wake up computer.

This behaviour is effected by command pmset. Restore it by run command `sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0`

Last edited:
You may press the Power Button to wake up computer.

This behaviour is effected by command pmset. Restore it by run command `sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0`
Hello ideabit, thank you very much for your kind help. I followed every step of your solution, restarted, logged in, waited for several minutes, and then click Apple menu > Sleep to test the sleep/wake function. The display got blank immediately and after about 10 or more seconds, the fans in my machine and the debugging LED on my motherboard were all tuned off. I don't know whether my machine was now sleeping or shut down. I pressed the Power Button, and my machine just rebooted by firstly displaying Gigabyte motherboard Logo, instead of waking up my Hackintosh directly. After logging in again, my previously opened applications' windows were not restored. So the waking function still does not work.

...... my previously opened applications' windows were not restored. So the waking function still does not work.

By default, the hibernate mode is 0. You can get it by this command

Bash:
pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

I've tried two modes, but only mode 25 works:

1) 0 - Sleep
Bash:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
In this case, power off fans and disks, but memory and MB is still power on. My hackintosh can sleep successfully, I can wake it up by pressing keyboard, mouse or power button. But like yours, it will be failed to wake up, then reboot automatically. In my syslog, it will give such error:
Code:
Unsynchronized TSC for cpu...
I've seen somewhere, this error can be fixed by updating UEFI firmware. But I'm afraid of bricking my MB, so I choose another mode.
NOTE: I've tried VoodooTSCSync.kext with RehabMan's FakePCIID, but not work for OSX 10.11.5+.

2) 25 - hibernate
Bash:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25
In this case, all are powered off, the contents of memory writes to disk, and restored after waking up by pressing Power button. Obviously only Power button can wake it up, as all are powered off.

Hi all,
If i use a compatible discrete graphics card and use the hdmi out from the motherboard, will it wake from sleep?my idea is to buy the cheapest card to get the wake from sleep working and not to use the card's output which will be worse than the integrated gpu hd 530.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back