Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my progress:

clover config:
- AppleLPC is finally loading, but I had to click fakeLPC and addDTGP in Clover config.
- I hotfixed all names in the DSDT and replaced them manually in all ssdts (editing dsl, and recompiled to aml) by hex-ing the additional names as suggested in Rehabmans guide

acpi/ssdt:
- I added an SSDT for IGPU so I could skip the clover fixes.
- still use ssdts for CPU, USB and XOSI and of course your LPC

result:
- Whats new because many people say it's not possible: I now have two accelerated cards:
I have the Intel HD530 with acceleration for booting (and little artifacts) and my radeon RX480 also with acceleration. When I turn my display to split-mode, it also shows that both are active and running on Metal at the same time.
- system booting much faster, running smooth

open:
- I am not sure about the USB: It's all working without the injectall.kext, 3.1,3.0 and 2.0, but I definitely have to get more into ioreg to know if all works as it should. I attached the dump if you want to have a quick look.
- wake from sleep: I totally forgot to test this one, will now but first have to finish this posting in case it don't work :D

//ok Wake from hibernation still don't work. It turns on the graphic-cards, display and USB devices but I see a black screen. I think I have to test some pmset hibernate modes – but tbh. I don't think that it will work. Mode 25 is worth a try.

What about SMBUS? not loaded neither is MCHC.

Hi, yes, i extracted DSDT from F4 Clover init screen and ACPI/Origin/ dir

AppleLPC needs to be patched regardless.
Can you tell me at least one reason to load AppleLPC on Skylake platform? At least one small reason. Apple is not using it on own Skylake machines - but everybody are still crying about it. It is not used anymore.

Can you tell me at least one reason to load AppleLPC on Skylake platform? At least one small reason. Apple is not using it on own Skylake machines - but everybody are still crying about it. It is not used anymore.

If its not used no more then don't worry about it. Fixed certain problems with Skylake Hackintoshes. This will give you a idea on which patch you require.

Code:
0x9d48, 0xa14e, 0,
            Package()
            {
                "device-id", Buffer() { 0xc1, 0x9c, 0, 0 },
                "compatible", Buffer() { "pci8086,9cc1" },
            },
        })

If its not used no more then don't worry about it. Fixed certain problems with Skylake Hackintoshes. This will give you a idea on which patch you require.

Code:
0x9d48, 0xa14e, 0,
            Package()
            {
                "device-id", Buffer() { 0xc1, 0x9c, 0, 0 },
                "compatible", Buffer() { "pci8086,9cc1" },
            },
        })

I know how to load it. Just curious why you are trying to do that. What kind of issues did it resolve for you? Also, do you have AppleBusPowerControllerUSB kext loaded? Are you on Sierra? Let me suppose that your embedded controller ACPI node has name different from "EC"? Something like "ECDV". You can check exact name in ioreg - it will have AppleACPIEC kext attached (and in case of wrong name - will not have AppleBusPowerControllerUSB. But this is in Sierra, and not true for older systems)

I know how to load it. Just curious why you are trying to do that. What kind of issues did it resolve for you? Also, do you have AppleBusPowerControllerUSB kext loaded? Are you on Sierra? Let me suppose that your embedded controller ACPI node has name different from "EC"? Something like "ECDV". You can check exact name in ioreg - it will have AppleACPIEC kext attached (and in case of wrong name - will not have AppleBusPowerControllerUSB. But this is in Sierra, and not true for older systems)

I don't have Skylake sorry. But loading AppleLPC has fixed issues on Skylake hacks. AppleBusPowerController is most likely USB power. Will not work unless you have patched USB in a DSDT.

I don't have Skylake sorry. But loading AppleLPC has fixed issues on Skylake hacks. AppleBusPowerController is most likely USB power. Will not work unless you have patched USB in a DSDT.
Can you describe issues that LPC kext resolved? I'm not complaining anything, really interesting to know.
On my laptop with i7 6700HQ and HD530 Sierra works almost perfectly, but yes - DSDT is heavily fixed for everything from graphics to native brightness control. Also AppleBusPowerController is loaded by small legacy kext - original kext loads for exact name match of "EC", and i have ECDV and dont want to rename it everywhere - so just made small kext that loads original binary (just symlink inside to original kext binary file) but with fixed IOPersonality IONameMatch to my "ECDV". So it loads without changes to DSDT. And that's why i'm asking about your embedded controller name - i can give my kext to try.

Any progress on this? Besides sleep/wake, I'm also wrestling with dual display support on this chipset.

Edit: I've since found https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/patching-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-kext/ and applied

HTML:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>       
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>
        Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
        </data>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>
        Ym9hcmQtaXg=
        </data>
</dict>
</array>

and I can now plug in a second display after boot, but no luck with booting with it attached.

Last edited:
I plugged in a native supported graphics card and was able to get a picture of the kernel panic that is going on in case @PikeRAlpha is interested or anyone is doing any work on hacking this frame buffer to work when waking from sleep. If I dont plug anything into the HDMI/DVI ports for the 530 I can wake/sleep fine. Maybe a quick workaround would be a switch on the cable to turn it off before going to sleep, lol, seeing as hotplugging monitors is only way to get 2 monitors working atm on 530. with a native graphics card and the 530 I can get 3 monitors working, probobly 4 (MAYBE not tested) but I think osx has a limitation that it only likes 3 monitors or else it borks.

Attachments

• 20161205_102108.jpg
    20161205_102108.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 783
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back