Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is :)

Try this. But remove all SSDTs & DSDT.aml leaving SSDT-CPU & SSDT-LPC. Attach ioreg once you've rebooted.

Attachments

• SSDT-LPC.aml
    309 bytes · Views: 159
  • config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Try this. But remove all SSDTs & DSDT.aml leaving SSDT-CPU & SSDT-LPC. Attach ioreg once you've rebooted.

I tried it and it gives me sort of a kernel panic: It hangs and then the screen gets crippled with the stop sign.

IMG_2082.jpg

Sorry for the delay, I had to start over because first time I forgot your config plist. So here are the results:

with no ssdt (except cpu) it panics with this:
IMG_2086.jpg

with all ssdt it panics with this:
IMG_2085.jpg

But when I use my config.plist it gets me to the desktop.
Attached IOReg is the result with all SSDTs in, including the SSDT-LPC an my old config.plist, but when I make a kextstat, there seems to be no LPC loaded.

Attachments

• Rastans iMac.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 109
Boot using a USB and restore all files like they were.

Ok, all files restored. I also tried with -x and disabling the injector without success, so I guess it's all about the LPC?

VoiletDragon: Just a Quick update:
Everything loads fine with your SSDT and your config.plist changes now. All I had to do is to replace names in two SSDTs and recompile them. (GFX0 > IGPU etc.).

However AppleLPC still does not load, but I think LPC is not important anyway. Wiki says its for old stuff from ISA times, like PS2, some onboard soundchips, serialport and floppy – but I don't use them anyway. USB still needs some fixing and wake does not work but I guess IGPU and SATA should be fine now.

For curiosity, can you take a quick look at my ioreg and tell me if everything else is in order now? And again, thank you for your help this was very much appreciated.

@Mods: Maybe you could delete the postings in between to not shred the topic too much? It's nice to get help but I don't want to take too much place here and getting OffTopic.

Attachments

• Rastans iMac.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 142
Ok, all files restored. I also tried with -x and disabling the injector without success, so I guess it's all about the LPC?

AppleLPC needs to be patched regardless.

AppleLPC needs to be patched regardless.

Here is my progress:

clover config:
- AppleLPC is finally loading, but I had to click fakeLPC and addDTGP in Clover config.
- I hotfixed all names in the DSDT and replaced them manually in all ssdts (editing dsl, and recompiled to aml) by hex-ing the additional names as suggested in Rehabmans guide

acpi/ssdt:
- I added an SSDT for IGPU so I could skip the clover fixes.
- still use ssdts for CPU, USB and XOSI and of course your LPC

result:
- Whats new because many people say it's not possible: I now have two accelerated cards:
I have the Intel HD530 with acceleration for booting (and little artifacts) and my radeon RX480 also with acceleration. When I turn my display to split-mode, it also shows that both are active and running on Metal at the same time.
- system booting much faster, running smooth

open:
- I am not sure about the USB: It's all working without the injectall.kext, 3.1,3.0 and 2.0, but I definitely have to get more into ioreg to know if all works as it should. I attached the dump if you want to have a quick look.
- wake from sleep: I totally forgot to test this one, will now but first have to finish this posting in case it don't work :D

//ok Wake from hibernation still don't work. It turns on the graphic-cards, display and USB devices but I see a black screen. I think I have to test some pmset hibernate modes – but tbh. I don't think that it will work. Mode 25 is worth a try.

Attachments

• Rastans iMac.ioreg
    7.4 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Hi, i'am 99% Sierra perfect except sleep/wake.

i tried insert code HD530 to patch DSDT (Asus Z170i Pro gaming) and i have 3 syntax errors to compile.

Anyone help me?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    140.3 KB · Views: 171
Hi, i'am 99% Sierra perfect except sleep/wake.

i tried insert code HD530 to patch DSDT (Asus Z170i Pro gaming) and i have 3 syntax errors to compile.

Anyone help me?

DSDT has errors. How did you extract DSDT from ACPI? You might be better to use Clover Hotpatch with a set of SSDTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back