Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out that while sleep is not working, hibernate does (almost as fast), when enabled through sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25

Would be super interested in whether this can be recreated on other boards.

It works for me with Intel HD 4600. This is the best workaround so far!
Thanks.

Essentially in Sleep macOS saves the system state to RAM, whereas in Hibernate it saves it to the SSD/Harddrive. Hibernate is a little slower, but sleep requires a continuous amount of energy going towards powering the RAM, whereas in Hibernate the Computer doesn't require energy.

It works for me without errors, it wakes up just fine by pressing the computer's power button, with no display issues. However I didn't conduct any testing beyond my setup.

Can anyone confirm this is working for them (sleep, wake, display) with their boards? This could be the workaround we've all been hoping for. Thanks @laurajuliette

I'm pleased to say this workaround does work!! I'm running a Gigabyte H170-N using the HD530 stock graphics. Running El Capitan 10.11.6. I went as far as a clean install and could not solve the problem. Run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25 in terminal, and you're good to go.

Enjoy.
Run sudo pmset -a hibernate mode 25 How to reverse

Can anyone confirm this is working for them (sleep, wake, display) with their boards? This could be the workaround we've all been hoping for. Thanks @laurajuliette

Report: Not working for me on GA-Z170X-UD5-TH with HD 530. With standard settings the system appears to wake but no USB or monitor. With the hibernate mode 25 command it now reboots when waking from sleep.

So, what's the overall experience with the hibernatemode workaround? How many of you get the issue fixed with it, and for how many doesn't work? Any hint on why it doesn't work for everybody?

I tried hibernatemode too, but I didn't see any differences on the menu and shutdown dialog. When I selected the "sleep", my system just restarted.

I tried hibernatemode too, but I didn't see any differences on the menu and shutdown dialog. When I selected the "sleep", my system just restarted.

Same for me. I tried hibernatemode on my Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi and the system just restarts when I try to wake it.

Same for me. I tried hibernatemode on my Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi and the system just restarts when I try to wake it.

Yes, I have the same. But I strongly believe that Appple is going to upgrade their Mac/Book lines to new Skylake arch. in next keynote. I would say we will be Vanilla with HD530 in MacOS Sierra. There is no doubt for me it is just matter of time, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back