Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just your board, all boards using HD530, its the graphics chip in OS X not the motherboard. Using a Nvidia GPU allows for perfect wake/sleep with a system correctly configured.

How do I configure my Nvidia GPU correctly for wake/sleep to work on my build?

Just configure your nvidia card normally, if you don't know how to, at least put the card model in your post. Usually clover can inject the card for it to be functional. Sometimes nvidia's web drivers can fix your card even if it isn't a 900 series card.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to configure your system not a graphics card for it to work with sleep and wake.

Note: this thread is about wake from sleep using HD530. Nvidia cards are off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to configure your system not a graphics card for it to work with sleep and wake.

Yes

Note: this thread is about wake from sleep using HD530. Nvidia cards are off topic.

Thanks. I figured out that my issue is with my SSD NVMe. Sorry for going off topic. I used another SSD 2.5 for install. I am sticking with HD530 for now. Shutdown works and SSD boots up fast so not really worried about Sleep. Thanks again.

Will there be a fix on this in near future?

This sleep issue is the only thing keeping me from building a new Skylake based HTPC.

Does scheduling a shutdown and start up (based on time) in the Energy Saver/System Preferences work with Skylake systems (using only HD 530)??? I really don't want my HTPC running 24/7 (and I want to reduce power draw) so a half solution for me would be just having it automatically shut itself down every night and starting itself back up the next day. Would that solution work without issues with Skylake HD530 system?

Just found out that while sleep is not working, hibernate does (almost as fast), when enabled through sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25

Would be super interested in whether this can be recreated on other boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back