GA-H170-WIFI
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I did my due diligence and searched before posting this question, so forgive me if I missed something.

I remember reading a post (either here or on another forum) stating that wake does not yet work when using the HD 530 graphics that are built into the Skylake processors.

My rig will sleep, but when I try to wake it, it won't fully wake up. The power comes back on, but nothing responds, monitor stays in low power mode.

If I leave it in that state, it will eventually take down my internal network. I'm guessing it is broadcast storming or similar. I remember this happening when waking on my old (cir 2012) hackintosh.

TL DR - Does sleep/wake officially not yet work when using internal graphics (HD 530)?

​Thanks!

I'm also having wake issue (display seems to stay asleep, and while usb mouse is getting power, keyboard numlock won't work). It sounds like it wakes up, but nothing on the screen.

GA-Z170-HD3P

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-guide-gigabyte-z170-hd3p-11.html#post1238483

Have you tried using external video card? I think I might pull my Nvidia out of my old hackintosh tonight to test if the problem is related to internal video.

I'm also having wake issue (display seems to stay asleep, and while usb mouse is getting power, keyboard numlock won't work). It sounds like it wakes up, but nothing on the screen.

GA-Z170-HD3P

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-guide-gigabyte-z170-hd3p-11.html#post1238483

Have you tried using external video card? I think I might pull my Nvidia out of my old hackintosh tonight to test if the problem is related to internal video.

I don't have a discreet card. :(

Ok, yeah it seems to be related to onboard intel hd530.

I put in an old Nvidia Quadro NVS290 dual head, and after struggling with some nvidia injection related settings (NVCAP), wake seems working.

Ok, yeah it seems to be related to onboard intel hd530.

I put in an old Nvidia Quadro NVS290 dual head, and after struggling with some nvidia injection related settings (NVCAP), wake seems working.

Well that's good to know that it isn't working with the internal hd530. Hopefully there will be some kind of progress on it, but who knows I guess.

The same problem as you mentioned. I hope it will work no long.:D

Also confirming no sleep with the HD530. It worked fine before QE/CI in 10.11.3 but no longer on 10.11.4 and with QE/CI.

Same problem. Running 10.11.4, acceleration is fully working (used MultiBeast 8.2.2). It goes to sleep, but after wake there is no video whatsoever.

I've been testing and trying to figure out a workaround for this, but no success so far. Unfortunately it's the same issue as AMD graphics cards- the machine sleeps fine but the screen doesn't wake up. NVIDIA graphics cards sleep/wake perfectly though.

If I find a solution I'll post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back