Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear: This refers to *display sleep*.

I found out about this by basically "aborting" the go to sleep process. Try hitting a button/moving the mouse, *after* the monitor turns off, but before the fans turn off and attached USB devices lose power. So far I have not played around the pmset command or darkwake settings in Clover (mostly because I could find no documentation to the latter) to see if one could improve upon this observation to maybe get sleep to work on a "higher" level.

My system specs for reference:
i3-6100, Z170I Gaming Pro AC (mini-ITX) via DP on Dell 2415Q (4k 60Hz)
Clover 3543, iMac17,1 profile, display policy set to "none"
I've attached a screenshot of the kernel patches applied, though those should be standard.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 09.19.30.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 09.19.30.png
    467.1 KB · Views: 1,067
Last edited:
My pc will go Sleep, either by pressing sleep button on keyboard or automatically, but when wake up the monitor just got blank without displaying anything.

I was experiencing this on my SH170R6, and tried connecting via VNC to my PC remotely. I found something interesting.

When the monitor was turned off, the VNC screen updated regularly, as I could see the seconds tick by on the clock. When I turned on the monitor, it stopped updating. I had no input at all. When I turned it off, or switched inputs, it started updating again. This behavior happens regardless of if I turn off the monitor, switch inputs, or put it to sleep.

My monitor is connected over DP, and my Shuttle has two DP ports. I tried swapping DP ports live, and suddenly, the screen came on. Afterward, swapping inputs, sleeping, and power-cycling monitor works fine until I reboot.

I'm guessing OSX is getting confused as to the monitor's state. Changing ports somehow "fixes" the problem temporarily.

Hope this helps someone.

same issue here.

H170M-D3H with i5 6600

can not wake after sleep.

Also confirming no sleep with the HD530. It worked fine before QE/CI in 10.11.3 but no longer on 10.11.4 and with QE/CI.

Correct me if I am wrong. So if I install 10.11.3 with QE/CI support. The HD530 is fully functional?

Yeah, but the sleep/wake for the Fatal1ty Z170 AC/ITX doesn't work
Not just your board, all boards using HD530, its the graphics chip in OS X not the motherboard. Using a Nvidia GPU allows for perfect wake/sleep with a system correctly configured.
However, putting the display manually to sleep with "hot corner" the monitor wakes.... It's a half solution for now...
Yes it is half a solution and for those that need to shut off their monitor its a step forward. For those that need system sleep with HD530, shutting down is the only current option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back