Motherboard
DELL XPS 9550
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530 / GTX960M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I don't have Skylake sorry. But loading AppleLPC has fixed issues on Skylake hacks. AppleBusPowerController is most likely USB power. Will not work unless you have patched USB in a DSDT.
Can you describe issues that LPC kext resolved? I'm not complaining anything, really interesting to know.
On my laptop with i7 6700HQ and HD530 Sierra works almost perfectly, but yes - DSDT is heavily fixed for everything from graphics to native brightness control. Also AppleBusPowerController is loaded by small legacy kext - original kext loads for exact name match of "EC", and i have ECDV and dont want to rename it everywhere - so just made small kext that loads original binary (just symlink inside to original kext binary file) but with fixed IOPersonality IONameMatch to my "ECDV". So it loads without changes to DSDT. And that's why i'm asking about your embedded controller name - i can give my kext to try.

Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD530
Any progress on this? Besides sleep/wake, I'm also wrestling with dual display support on this chipset.

Edit: I've since found https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/patching-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-kext/ and applied

HTML:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>       
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>
        Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
        </data>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>
        Ym9hcmQtaXg=
        </data>
</dict>
</array>

and I can now plug in a second display after boot, but no luck with booting with it attached.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I plugged in a native supported graphics card and was able to get a picture of the kernel panic that is going on in case @PikeRAlpha is interested or anyone is doing any work on hacking this frame buffer to work when waking from sleep. If I dont plug anything into the HDMI/DVI ports for the 530 I can wake/sleep fine. Maybe a quick workaround would be a switch on the cable to turn it off before going to sleep, lol, seeing as hotplugging monitors is only way to get 2 monitors working atm on 530. with a native graphics card and the 530 I can get 3 monitors working, probobly 4 (MAYBE not tested) but I think osx has a limitation that it only likes 3 monitors or else it borks.

Attachments

• 20161205_102108.jpg
    20161205_102108.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 703
Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD530
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-A
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
INTEL HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, I've noticed something. Hackintosh goes to sleep fine and wakes up but no video signal restores back to tv from intel hdmi. Using skylake with 530 on a asus z170-A board. So, what I noticed was, that if I turn on the computer normally from the off state, and THEN turn on the TV, I get no signal, just like when waking up from sleep. If, however, I turn on the TV first and then the computer then the usual screen comes up, clover drive selection. I'm thinking maybe it's some bios settings, any theories? (bios settings used during set-up:
BIOS Features: Fast boot - Enabled PS2 Devices Support - Disabled CSM Support - Disabled Secure Boot - Disabled

Peripherals: XHCI Hand-Off - Enabled Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port - Disabled

Chipset: VT-D - Disabled IOAPIC 24-119 - Disabled)

Motherboard
MSI B150M Pro-VDH
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, still no way to fix this?

Just got everything else to work on my Hackintosh, and am preparing a guide for this hardware setup. Would like to have this fixed before posting a guide though ;)

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S
CPU
Core i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the same problem.

it's the same issue as AMD graphics cards- the machine sleeps fine but the screen doesn't wake up.

It may be important to realize that this problem with the HD530 is not limited to the screen not waking up. The OP accurately described the issue that I am also seeing, which is that the computer seems to power on when waking up but nothing works, not just the video signal. I can't ping the machine and keyboard input is not processed.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S
CPU
Core i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
if I turn on the computer normally from the off state, and THEN turn on the TV, I get no signal, just like when waking up from sleep. If, however, I turn on the TV first and then the computer then the usual screen comes up, clover drive selection.

I think this is a different issue. If my computer is running and I just turn off the monitor and turn it on again, the signal doesn't come back. The computer itself still functions though. I think this is the situation that you are describing, except that you start with the computer off.

The problem with sleep/wake is more severe in that it's not limited to the video signal, see my previous post.

Motherboard
MSI B150M Pro-VDH
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can confirm that this is basically killing the machine, not just a problem with the display not waking up.

However, i think it might be entirely unrelated to sleep. The system is in the same broken state when I just unplug and replug the HDMI or power cable on the monitor, no sleep required. Or does that only happen on my end?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock H170m-itx/ac
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
Finally, I got it fixed (i5 6500). Following steps is not detailed enough, just for your information.

1) Set hibernate mode
$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25

2) Make sure image file can be written.
$ ls -lh /var/vm/sleepimage
-rw------T 1 root wheel 8.0G Dec 1 23:35 /var/vm/sleepimage

3) Not sure if these configuration is required.
System Preferences >> Energy Saver >> Power Nap disable
Clover: Boot parameter >> darkwake=0

4) Download RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-1115.zip from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads
extracting zip file, then copy:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
from Release to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

5) Modify /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist according attached config-Intel-HD530.plist
NOTE: I also changed the value of ig-platform-id from 'AAAWGQ==\n' to 'AAASGQ==\n'

6) Restart.

Good luck.

Attachments

• config-Intel-HD530.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 323