Register

Skylake HD530 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan

I wonder hd 4400/4600.

Does it use to change dvmt value?

If it's no, have we chance?

Haswell graphics kexts (Azul) assume 32mb or 64mb (depends on ig-platform-id data).
Some higher resolution requires 96mb or 128mb DVMT-prealloc in BIOS. Most BIOS use 32mb. Changing it is via same methods as would be used on Broadwell/Skylake. Framebuffer can be patched to match.

Framebuffer on SKL/BDW calculate minStolenSize automatically... and don't use a setting in the platform data.

It appears that my DVMT is set to 128mb (found out using device manager in windows). I've looked into changing DVMT to 96mb, but my bios is also locked as it is an InsydeH20. :banghead:

I tried using the minStolenSize patch, both versions, but it won't work.

I think the only thing I can do now is a) wait to hear on a solution, b) wait for 10.11.6 to come out, or c) try get my bios unlocked at bios-mods.

Any other suggestions?

It appears that my DVMT is set to 128mb (found out using device manager in windows). I've looked into changing DVMT to 96mb, but my bios is also locked as it is an InsydeH20. :banghead:

I tried using the minStolenSize patch, both versions, but it won't work.

I think the only thing I can do now is a) wait to hear on a solution, b) wait for 10.11.6 to come out, or c) try get my bios unlocked at bios-mods.

Any other suggestions?

Windows is does not provide a mechanism to see what DVMT-prealloc is set to.

Keep in mind that when transitioning from Inject/Intel=false to Inject/Intel=true, that you must boot without caches if you expect any kext patch to apply. Clover can only patch what it loads.

I've been trying everything!

At this point, I'm assuming it is a DVMT problem, as my wife's new Skylake laptop works just fine with Intel HD 530 i7-6700HQ. But for my new Skylake laptop, I've got problems. Same intel chip, but I was able to set her DVMT. I can't set DVMT in my bios, and I don't know how to mod my InsydeH2O bios, nor know if it's even possible to mod my bios without bricking my machine.

is it possible to set DVMT using config.plist in Clover? Or does the minStolenSize patch need to be modified for Skylake? If so, how? I saw the framebuffer patch for Haswell, but I'm assuming that same patch won't work on the skylake framebuffer. How would I even engineer a patch such as this? @RehabMan, any suggestions?

I've been trying everything!

At this point, I'm assuming it is a DVMT problem, as my wife's new Skylake laptop works just fine with Intel HD 530 i7-6700HQ. But for my new Skylake laptop, I've got problems. Same intel chip, but I was able to set her DVMT. I can't set DVMT in my bios, and I don't know how to mod my InsydeH2O bios, nor know if it's even possible to mod my bios without bricking my machine.

is it possible to set DVMT using config.plist in Clover? Or does the minStolenSize patch need to be modified for Skylake? If so, how? I saw the framebuffer patch for Haswell, but I'm assuming that same patch won't work on the skylake framebuffer. How would I even engineer a patch such as this? @RehabMan, any suggestions?

The minStolenPatch needed for Skylake is already present in the plist file provided by my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It is, of course, disabled by default (read post #2 regarding disabled patches).

It is best that you set DVMT-prealloc via the UEFI shell, if possible. It is likely not setting it (and using the patch instead) will cause instability issues.

The minStolenPatch needed for Skylake is already present in the plist file provided by my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It is, of course, disabled by default (read post #2 regarding disabled patches).

It is best that you set DVMT-prealloc via the UEFI shell, if possible. It is likely not setting it (and using the patch instead) will cause instability issues.

I tried setting DVMT-prealloc with UEFI, but I kept getting an error message. I looked into it, and it appears that my bios just won't allow it. :(

I'll try the minStolenPatch again... perhaps I was using the Broadwell version as the one I tried using didn't work.

I'll try the minStolenPatch again... perhaps I was using the Broadwell version as the one I tried using didn't work.

Keep in mind that Clover can only patch things it loads. If you transition from Inject/Intel=false to Inject/Intel=true, the graphics drivers will load outside of kernel cache and so you need to boot without caches.

A little understanding of how Clover works is helpful...

I just wanted to report that the patch didn't work to fix the issue - oh well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back