Contribute
Register

Skylake G4 cube build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither uses a power connector, the one he used was a GTX 960 which uses a lot more wattage...
I'll start my thread back up as soon as I have all my parts so you can keep up to date with the gpu.
You might have luck waiting for the release of the GTX 1050

gunna use what I have for now, (750 Ti) and if a better one comes out ill sell this one.

well I dont think this PSU is powerful enough, the system draws around 100W while gaming and after a few minutes the display will either go black or the display driver will crash. this is in windows 10, I cant even get OSX to load; it just hangs at the apple loading screen initially, tried remaking the USB stick and different things with no luck.
I disabled turbo boost on the CPU and that seemed to help, it lowered the wattage like 20 watts. annoying.

well I dont think this PSU is powerful enough, the system draws around 100W while gaming and after a few minutes the display will either go black or the display driver will crash. this is in windows 10, I cant even get OSX to load; it just hangs at the apple loading screen initially, tried remaking the USB stick and different things with no luck.
I disabled turbo boost on the CPU and that seemed to help, it lowered the wattage like 20 watts. annoying.
I was worried about that motherboard, if I were you I'd try returning it as soon as possible and buying the GA-H170N board. there are more than one success story to that board including this tutorial:

Last edited:
Why do you think it's the motherboard? I was leaning to the power supply.

I have a killawatt meter on it and it peaks right around 100w so it should be ok. With turbo boost on it was like 130 but still have the same issue just takes longer to go black.

I'm hoping I can fix the boot screen with some plist edits, idk

Will the M.2 connector on the gigabyte board work with the Broadcom Bcm94360cs Bcm94360csax Bcm4360 Bluetooth Bt Wireless Wifi Card Module for Apple Laptop A1398 A1502 653-0029 802.11ac http://amzn.com/B00PDN4H9E
I have this card for my 2012 Macbook Pro Retina and was going to reuse it for the hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back