Contribute
Register

Skylake Build: i7-6700K - GA-H170M-DS3H - HD530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just got the same motherboard but I'm having the same issue as you. I get the Apple logo and progress bar, and that's it! Were you able to fix the issue?

Thanks!

Hey!

Yes, I did get it to work quite well running 10.11; I could install and successfully boot 10.12 but had issues with graphics artifacts and USB 3. For 10.11, I believe the issue ended up being a BIOS setting that I missed.

What I would try:

1. Double and triple check your BIOS settings. I think the one I missed causing the issue was xHCI Handoff... make sure it's enabled.
  2. Install from a USB2 port. Slows installation but USB2 seems to work much better out of the box than USB3. I think I ended up being able to install on a USB3 port, but I don't remember 100%.
  3. Install 10.11 instead of 10.12 for now. I'm sure it's possible to get 10.12 working as well as 10.11, but the time it seemed it would take to fix the problems I mentioned outweighed their benefits for me and my use case.
Let me know if 1 in particular works for you.

When you do get to the installer portion and are able to install successfully, there's a thread around here somewhere of someone who also has our mobo, and in that post they describe the specific MultiBeast options that ended up working for them (and me).

Hi,

Thanks for replying, as soon as i get home i will try what you suggested and get back to you!

Hey!

Yes, I did get it to work quite well running 10.11; I could install and successfully boot 10.12 but had issues with graphics artifacts and USB 3. For 10.11, I believe the issue ended up being a BIOS setting that I missed.

What I would try:

1. Double and triple check your BIOS settings. I think the one I missed causing the issue was xHCI Handoff... make sure it's enabled.
  2. Install from a USB2 port. Slows installation but USB2 seems to work much better out of the box than USB3. I think I ended up being able to install on a USB3 port, but I don't remember 100%.
  3. Install 10.11 instead of 10.12 for now. I'm sure it's possible to get 10.12 working as well as 10.11, but the time it seemed it would take to fix the problems I mentioned outweighed their benefits for me and my use case.
Let me know if 1 in particular works for you.

When you do get to the installer portion and are able to install successfully, there's a thread around here somewhere of someone who also has our mobo, and in that post they describe the specific MultiBeast options that ended up working for them (and me).[/QUOTE

Thanks, i was able to install Sierra but having issues with the Intel HD graphics, cannot get it to boot up with it enabled.
Are you also using a video card? We may also have different processors and therefore using different integrated Intel HD graphics. Mine is the i5 6600 with Intel HD 530. I got glitches with Sierra using the HD 530, but it would at least boot.

this motherboard use the same configuration than GA-H170M D3H?? Sorry for my bad English
I am not sure. I think it would be similar, but I am not familiar with that model to be certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back