Contribute
Register

Skylake Build - Can't fix Black Screen - Gtx 1050 ti - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi fellow Hackintoshers,

I've been struggling for a week with my new build. Everything seems to work fine except (I suppose) the GPU which is giving me way too many headaches. I hope you can help me out!

BUILD

iMac 17,1
Mobo: GA-Z170x-Ultra Gaming rev 1.0 (BIOS: f22)
CPU: i7 6700k 4.0gHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 ti
RAM: 64 GB Crucial Premium Memory
Displays:
  1. Samsung CF791 connected via DP
  2. Samsung UE40 LED TV connected via DVI
SSDs:
  1. Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ----> OS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1212)
  2. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB------> PROJECTS
  3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB------> MEDIA
  4. MKNSSD 480GB -------> old OS
Peripherals:
THUNDERBOLT AUDIO INTERFACE: UAD Apollo 8 Quad

ISSUE(s)

1: Blackscreen at restart

When turning on the computer sends video signal from the dvi port of the gpu and it works ok every time.

When I restart it sends signal from the displayport of the gpu and the loading bar gets to 1/3 and either the screen goes black or more recently it just hangs there. Fans still run but the conputer never shuts down so I need to force restart or shutdown.
If restart and tick boot arg: nv_disable ...Boots into system without nvidia drivers.
If shutdown and turn on: sends signal from the dvi port and it boots normally.

Second issue: While surfing or downloading stuff with safari, chrome or installing software even (still haven't worked properly to say if it happens with other apps) I randomly get black screens on the CF791 (connected to the DP Port) but the system still works. Sometimes it turns back on after a couple of seconds and I can see the desktop again but sometimes it stays black.
However this doesn't happen with the other output (hdmi). That's how I know the system's still running.

Fixes that I already tried:

1. All possible fixes referred to in this post --> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/
2. Installed Lilu.kext and the other kext in all possible locations S/L/E , L/E, EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.12, EFI/CLOVER/kext/Others
3. Also followed the very well explained guide attached as pdf I found in another post.

I also attached my EFI folder with my current config.plist

I'm very confused and a bit frustrated. I've been searching and reading everything I could find in the forum. I even learned how to create a SSDT to control the USB port limit. But now I'm clueless and I need this great community's assistance!

Can someone help me figure this out? I'll be very grateful!!! :D

Look forward to your replies

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 172
  • Setup_UEFI.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
  • Plist_Settings.pdf
    392.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Have you installed NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext?

Yes, I’ve already tried all suggested fixes.

The dual screen rebooting issue was solved while modifying some settings in the BIOS in order to install Win10.
Strangely it works with CMS Support enabled. (See attachment)

What I’m now going crazy about is the random black screens on my 4k samsung (displayport 1.1).
The system still runs but the display goes off and I have to turn it back on manually.

I’ll try connecting it to hdmi and see what happens.

If anybody has an idea, I’m open to try anything (even thinking of flashing the gpu bios with a beta bios)

Btw. the GPU is a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 ti

Attachments

• D00EC650-5B18-46A1-B710-9CE430D5D292.jpeg
    D00EC650-5B18-46A1-B710-9CE430D5D292.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
Just in case this is a problem with the monitor, you can try disabling the displayport 1.1, you will loose 4k resolution with this. I've a dell monitor which will boot to black screen if displayport 1.1 is enabled but works fine without 1.1.

Just in case this is a problem with the monitor, you can try disabling the displayport 1.1, you will loose 4k resolution with this. I've a dell monitor which will boot to black screen if displayport 1.1 is enabled but works fine without 1.1.

I don't think I can disable displayport 1.1 on the monitor. I only have two options Displayport 1.1 and Displayport 1.2 ...any ideas?

Hi fellow Hackintoshers,

I've been struggling for a week with my new build. Everything seems to work fine except (I suppose) the GPU which is giving me way too many headaches. I hope you can help me out!

BUILD

iMac 17,1
Mobo: GA-Z170x-Ultra Gaming rev 1.0 (BIOS: f22)
CPU: i7 6700k 4.0gHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 ti
RAM: 64 GB Crucial Premium Memory
Displays:
  1. Samsung CF791 connected via DP
  2. Samsung UE40 LED TV connected via DVI
SSDs:
  1. Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ----> OS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1212)
  2. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB------> PROJECTS
  3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB------> MEDIA
  4. MKNSSD 480GB -------> old OS
Peripherals:
THUNDERBOLT AUDIO INTERFACE: UAD Apollo 8 Quad

ISSUE(s)

1: Blackscreen at restart

When turning on the computer sends video signal from the dvi port of the gpu and it works ok every time.

When I restart it sends signal from the displayport of the gpu and the loading bar gets to 1/3 and either the screen goes black or more recently it just hangs there. Fans still run but the conputer never shuts down so I need to force restart or shutdown.
If restart and tick boot arg: nv_disable ...Boots into system without nvidia drivers.
If shutdown and turn on: sends signal from the dvi port and it boots normally.

Second issue: While surfing or downloading stuff with safari, chrome or installing software even (still haven't worked properly to say if it happens with other apps) I randomly get black screens on the CF791 (connected to the DP Port) but the system still works. Sometimes it turns back on after a couple of seconds and I can see the desktop again but sometimes it stays black.
However this doesn't happen with the other output (hdmi). That's how I know the system's still running.

Fixes that I already tried:

1. All possible fixes referred to in this post --> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/
2. Installed Lilu.kext and the other kext in all possible locations S/L/E , L/E, EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.12, EFI/CLOVER/kext/Others
3. Also followed the very well explained guide attached as pdf I found in another post.

I also attached my EFI folder with my current config.plist

I'm very confused and a bit frustrated. I've been searching and reading everything I could find in the forum. I even learned how to create a SSDT to control the USB port limit. But now I'm clueless and I need this great community's assistance!

Can someone help me figure this out? I'll be very grateful!!! :D

Look forward to your replies

Hi what guide did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back