Contribute
Register

Skylake ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanna share one case.
I installed thunderboltex3 on 2nd pci-e of asus z170-A, but only display itself could work.
Then I switched it to 3rd pci-e, everything except camera works.
With the help of karabiner, the brightness and volume can be adjusted with F keys.

Last edited:
Hey. I can not get Asus Z170-a+ThunderboltEX 3+iMac 27 late 2013(as thunderbolt monitor), set all the settings as you have on the screens, but in the Manager there is no thunderbolt devices, although the USB flash drive in the USB connector of the thunderbolt EX 3 card is determined and works, help me to start the Mac as a monitor, I bet for several days, I use the proprietary adapter apple thunderbolt 3-thunderbolt 2 and Apple thunderbolt cable all new!

Just wanna share one case.
I installed thunderboltex3 on 2nd pci-e of asus z170-A, but only display itself could work.
Then I switched it to 3rd pci-e, everything except camera works.
With the help of karabiner, the brightness and volume can be adjusted with F keys.
Hey. Describe how forced to work the monitor through Thunderbolt an output on the controller, step by step that exposed in BIOS, and that in General there is no information anywhere.

people came to the settings before what I see in thunderbolt devices macintoch, but I can not use it as a screen either on the external or on the integrated graphics, what to do?

Attachments

• 97A64CAA-652E-42BE-B60A-9236A5E543CC.jpeg
    97A64CAA-652E-42BE-B60A-9236A5E543CC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 136
Great to hear you got it working! I’m still on 10.13.2. Hearing of your success tempts me to update to 10.13.3 and also run the firmware update on the TB card.

Did you update this yet?

I ask because I have the latest firmware for the ThunderboltEX3 running 10.13.4 and have the same issue with booting. After I reboot a few times till the Thunderbolt is recognized everything works perfectly.

Wondering if you got this resolved. I'm going to try that setting tonight to see if that will fix it...

Did you update this yet?

I ask because I have the latest firmware for the ThunderboltEX3 running 10.13.4 and have the same issue with booting. After I reboot a few times till the Thunderbolt is recognized everything works perfectly.

Wondering if you got this resolved. I'm going to try that setting tonight to see if that will fix it...
Do you use iMac as a monitor?Because I could not get it in this form, in windows it is defined as macintosh and the picture is not displayed, the operating system on iMac 10.13.4

Attachments

• 9366B6C9-DACF-4F54-9600-8AFA16EF1849.jpeg
    9366B6C9-DACF-4F54-9600-8AFA16EF1849.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
Do you use iMac as a monitor?Because I could not get it in this form, in windows it is defined as macintosh and the picture is not displayed, the operating system on iMac 10.13.4

I'm using an Apple Thunderbolt Display hooked up with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. I get a display picture even on the boots that don't recognize the ThunderboltEX3. Seems like it just passes the video signal even if Thunderbolt is working or not...

I'm using an Apple Thunderbolt Display hooked up with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. I get a display picture even on the boots that don't recognize the ThunderboltEX3. Seems like it just passes the video signal even if Thunderbolt is working or not...
called apple support, there cleverly answered that my iMac late 2013, can work as thunderbolt display but it is guaranteed only with apple devices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back