Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi.

Just want to show my G5 build.
Pictures taken with Cameraphone (not best quality) and I was too tired to wipe finger/dirty marks after finishing...
This build is soo quiet, even Mike Chin from silentpcreview.com will approve.
I don't overclock, as the system is fast enough as it is and in any case, it's build for stability in any ambient temperature environment.

IMG_3272.jpg
IMG_3270.jpg
IMG_3260.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 592
What standoffs you used for the cover plate? Coz I'm planning my cover plate and PSU Shroud.

Thanks!

By the way!

Great Work! Clean build! Even on the cabling. Your approach for the cooling is simple but really great! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks
You mean the cover plate where the SSD is mounted on? When I disassembled the old innards, there was a good couple of "studs" that I left in place, and I only removed them if really need be (Thats why, if you look very close, you will see that the holes don't line up symmetrically, I just used the old studs). Otherwise, you can just use metal glue and glue some in place where you want.

The mobo tray was scavenged from some old case, prob cheap ATX server case. At the time, I could not find the Lian Li mobo tray, so I improvised...

The Coolermaster PSU comes with a fan controller to control it's own internal fan, and 4x other fans, so I just made a plan and mounted it on the back, because the G5 doesn't have any 5,25" bays where it normally gets installed.

Thanks all for the support!

:thumbup: Like what you've done with the place. Really nice touch on the back panel. Gives me some ideas on my own fan controlling. I reinstalled the entire G5 fan battalion, and locked them all down to 5v. really all it needs, if that, but I do like knobs.:headbang:

Just a quick update.
The white part next to the fan control knobs is actually the built-in Wifi antenna, fully functional.

Here is a temperature screenshot after playing games for 2 hours, and letting it idle again (ambient temp was around 30 here in South Africa):
Temp.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

I should be the sales rep for Apple, Camel, Corsair, Harman/Kardon, Kingston and HRT:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back