Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Maybe an odd place to ask this question, I know, since I'm a real macbook user. But I think this is the only place with people who understand my problem.

I have a Macbook Pro mid 2010 13 inch. When I was replacing my ssd I damaged the airport connector, which isn't working at this moment. I bought a Sitecom N300 wla-2100 v2001 adapter because the box mentioned Mac 10.4 and up. But that apparently doesn't include Yosemite ...

I've searched multiple forums; this, others and even apple's own forum (those apple forum guys really don't know ****). Most posts link to threads on this site, but non of them worked for me to this point.

The adapter uses the RTL8192SU chipset (according to my google searches, I hope the internet is right)
I installed the 10.8 driver for this chipset and a couple of others, but for some odd reason the 'wireless utility' never opens on Yosemite.

I remember messing with
something called Kext when I just bought this adapter, but I don't remember it anymore and it didn't worked anyway. Since I've been messing with an ethernet cable and bootcamp (I formatted my drive, did a clean install of yosemite and am not able to reinstall bootcamp since; different story)

I need my macbook next month at school, with wifi because there is no ethernet available, so I'm pretty hopeless. I'm hesitating to replace my airport card, because I don't know if my motherboard connector is damaged or the airport connector cable itself.

I really want this adapter to work, so please guys help me!
And if there is no option to get it to work, point me to a working adapter.

Thanks in advance!

I need my macbook next month at school, with wifi because there is no ethernet available, so I'm pretty hopeless. I'm hesitating to replace my airport card, because I don't know if my motherboard connector is damaged or the airport connector cable itself.

Can you possibly post a decent quality, close-up photo of both the Airport card connectors and the ends of the cables? Maybe we can help determine which side is damaged.

I really want this adapter to work, so please guys help me!
And if there is no option to get it to work, point me to a working adapter.

There are at least a few threads talking about known working USB adapters (do a search).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back