Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a native Mac wifi/Bluetooth adapter and Yosemite was working flawlessly with handoff/continuity until I updated to El Capitan.
Now it fails completely.

I've disabled and re-enabled bluetooth to no avail.

I've also noticed that I no longer seem to be able to send SMS messages using iMessage via my iPhone (which I believe is part of the same functionality).

Any idea on how to diagnose the problem and fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Michal

Looks like there are a quite a few of us. Mine was working perfectly in Yosemite and was working in El Capitan initially, but after I signed out and back in to iCloud, I lost it.

Has anyone had any success? I'm tempted to do a clean install, but I won't have the time for a while.

Clean install did not help me - I'm using one of the "out of the box" Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 with Adapter for PC/Hackintosh from OSXWIFI that worked flawlessly with Yosemite but has not worked with El Capitan.

All indications is that the card supports Handoff, however have yet to see it work. Hopefully this thread gets some attention...

ok i had same prob so i enabled sip plus restore iPhone and it came back but can't get Airdrop working

ok i had same prob so i enabled sip plus restore iPhone and it came back but can't get Airdrop working

I'll try this later. I'm in the same boat as everyone else, everything worked great with yosemite and now handoff isn't working. sms messaging and airdrop works fine though. :think:

-restoring iPhone didn't do anything :(

try to generate new SMBios in config.plist with this http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html
and
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

i think the key is Do Not use existed real mac serial No, rom, mbl. on 10.10 OS X, i used a cloned real mac infos as SMbios, it worked good except having a little bit itchy (unable to answer FaceTime incoming call). but after upgraded to 10.11, my handoff did not work at all either. so i decided to make a new smbios. all problems were gone once i done it. the iCloud system (imessage/facetime/handoff) works as real mac. i even can answer incoming call :)

Thanks for the reply - that ****** article helped, although I have been through those processes a few different times and got iMessage working after having to call Apple and get my account unlocked.

Difference here is that Handoff/Continuity seems to be the only part not working - AirDrop works fine, iMessage, FaceTime, bluetooth, WiFi all that.

Thanks for the reply - that ****** article helped, although I have been through those processes a few different times and got iMessage working after having to call Apple and get my account unlocked.

Difference here is that Handoff/Continuity seems to be the only part not working - AirDrop works fine, iMessage, FaceTime, bluetooth, WiFi all that.

run this command on terminal

cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i handoff

if the output is such like this (notice the red font )
Oct 9 08:18:03 Wangs-iMac sharingd[322]: 08:18:03.128 : Device Capabilities (Handoff:YES, Instant Hotspot:YES, AirDrop:YES, Legacy AirDrop:YES, Remote Disc:NO)

that indicate you have activated handoff on your hacknitosh.

then sign off apple id On your IOS device, and re-sign in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back