Contribute
Register

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide

Article: Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide

Hi,
Accordingly to this guide I would have to purchase both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion to get Mountain Lion or Mavericks up and running? Can't I just use iBoot to install Mountain Lion directly?
Thanks ;)
Hugo Pires

All of the different versions of iBoot only work with Snow Leopard. It is a way to get to the Apple App store and download the most recent version of OS X. Mavericks is a free download to those who purchased Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion. It will soon have more up to date drivers for Nvidia and AMD GPUs.

Adrian B

All of the different versions of iBoot only work with Snow Leopard. It is a way to get to the Apple App store and download the most recent version of OS X. Mavericks is a free download to those who purchased Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion. It will soon have more up to date drivers for Nvidia and AMD GPUs.

Adrian B

Thanks Adrian

Hi all!I'm new at hackintosh and i have a small question!According to site's hardware suggestions i'm planning on building a custom mac pro gigabyte 1150, i7 4770 and Gpu gtx 760 or 770... Starting from scratch i already ordered SL 10.6.3 from amazon but i read on the manual here that gtx 6XX & 7XX series are not supported by SL 10.6... So how can i first install SL 10.6 if the gpu is not supported?? Maybe with onboard HD4600?And then before installing mavericks just plug the gtx gpu?

Thanks in advance

Hi all!I'm new at hackintosh and i have a small question!According to site's hardware suggestions i'm planning on building a custom mac pro gigabyte 1150, i7 4770 and Gpu gtx 760 or 770... Starting from scratch i already ordered SL 10.6.3 from amazon but i read on the manual here that gtx 6XX & 7XX series are not supported by SL 10.6... So how can i first install SL 10.6 if the gpu is not supported?? Maybe with onboard HD4600?And then before installing mavericks just plug the gtx gpu?

Thanks in advance

Yes try using the onboard graphics with DVI-D/ HDMI cable to screen until you are on Mavericks.

Adrian B

Hi,
I'm planning to build a system and I defetly want to have os x but i also wanted to install windows in another ssd, and I wonder if the changes in the bios that the installation of os x requires would affect windows?
Thanks,
Hugo Pires

Yes try using the onboard graphics with DVI-D/ HDMI cable to screen until you are on Mavericks.

Adrian B
Thank you very much!!

What I don't understand is if I buy MtLion from the App Store it comes as a download to my machine. So if I boot from unibeast and wipe the disk in preparation to install how can I install MtLion when it's just been wiped? What is that Unibeast 9MB "App Store" file on the USB - it is not the 4+ GB download. What am I missing in this picture?

Jon

Hi,
I'm planning to build a system and I defetly want to have os x but i also wanted to install windows in another ssd, and I wonder if the changes in the bios that the installation of os x requires would affect windows?
Thanks,
Hugo Pires

tried this kind of setup once.... never noted anything in windows

and the benefit is that you keep the 2 system total seperate

first i attached one drive and installed windows.... made that work, pulled the sata cable on it and connected the one for mac os... did that one and when done connected both and used the boot menu in bios to select which one to boot on

:-D

The snow leopard retail dvd is no longer available for purchase.. what to do?
I just purchased Snow Leopard from Apple. It's still available F.W.I.W.

Back