Contribute
Register

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide

Article: Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide

You can still call Sales at 1-800-MY-APPLE It's only $20 there for the install disk.

$28 after rush shipping for me.

You Rock! was very worried that i would have to pay 100+ for this on amazon or ebay! i ordered it today OCT 19 2012 apple still offers it over the phone. Thanks a ton

Thanks for this MacMan! Of course, this works great (if used correctly). I've use this post to make my Snow Leopard installation work too. This looks like a lot of stuff, but the whole process only takes about 2 hours. 3 if you include putting the parts together to build your system.

* Take a deep breath. Take a shot of Tequila. OK. You're ready...

***** Good Luck ***** Thanks MacMan & Tonymacx86 ***** Consider making a donation to keep this site working

How do you just go to 10.6.7 besides the obvious 10.6.7 combo update.
Every time i follow the guides i found on the forums now at day 5 and 20 re-intalls later, I still can't get it to work properly.
It seems to hang up on 10.6.7 apple boot screen gear turns for eternity and I have to use PCIRootUID=0 to get in.
doesn't reconize my ATI graphics card or monitor but if i go to 10.6.8 i get everything to work fine.

PLEASE HELP !!! I NEED TO BE ONLY IN 10.6.7 because of an PCI-e Audio card i got.

I have a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5 MB with a 2700K SandyBridge Intel and a AMD Radeon 6870 HD

I remember using this guide when I booted up my Hackintosh for the first time. So, a belated "Thank You" for the awesome guide!

The snow leopard retail dvd is no longer available for purchase.. what to do?

I just purchased the Snow Leopard DVD in July, 2013. If you search "Apple Store Snow Leopard", those 4 words I didn't use quotes, the Apple store result should be the top hit. You can find it at the store too but the search is not easy.

Hi all of you Hackintosher,s frist time doing this using a GA-EP45-UD3L -9650 Core 2 Quad -8 gigs ddr2-Nvidia 9800GT just retired this from gaming ,I purchased 10.6 Snow Lepeord Disc from the Apple Store after creating a user ID shipped to my home for $21.74 ,after I get to 10.6.8 can download the newer version,s for $19.99 ,OCT -29-2013

Hi there,
please explain me one thing - if I build the computer in recommended configuration (mini Deluxe on ga-z87n), is it necessary - installation with Unibeast and Multibeast help or Mac OS may be installed to this configuration directly? Thanks!

Hello all. I just built my first hackintosh. I made sure my hardware met the requirements. I made a bootable installation of mavericks on a usb stick on my iMac, then I sold my iMac to help fund my recent build. My question is, do I need a Mac to help me install mavericks on my hackintosh? I have access to a windows PC to download stuff, but I don't really have easy access to a Mac.

SearleC 12-13-2013 , 09:15 PM

Hello to all, Please forgive any violation of protocol as I have NO experience of forums except as a reader.My system is a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H mobo,Intel i5-4670K CPU, SanDisk extreme 120GB SSD,Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti, and a wd 7200 RPM hd to be added after installation as a data drive-500GB to 1TB(max). All seems to go ok until step 6. I cannot install MacOSXUpdCombo WITHOUT REBOOTING as the only option I can find for install is INSTALL AND RESTART. If I allow it to proceed and reboot assisted by iboot I end up at a mac start screen that does nothing and of course have not installed multi-beast. I suppose there's a solution but I'm lost. Please help.

Hi,
Accordingly to this guide I would have to purchase both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion to get Mountain Lion or Mavericks up and running? Can't I just use iBoot to install Mountain Lion directly?
Thanks ;)
Hugo Pires

Back