Contribute
Register

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide

I can´t find the snow leopard 10.6. Help plese

Article: Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide

I can´t find the snow leopard 10.6. Help plese

You can still call Sales at 1-800-MY-APPLE It's only $20 there for the install disk.

$28 after rush shipping for me.

I am new for the MAC OSX Installation........so is there any specific guide is available which shows the steps from bios to post installation in simplest way.

Note: I have DELL D630c and want install MAC Mountain Lion with all functional feature(if all functionality in not available then any other version which supports all functionality of device).

Thanks in ADV.

I,m new for MAC OSX installation. Mine is a Lenovo PC. Spec - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, ATI Raedon HD4350 512 MB, Mother board By Lenovo. Chipset - Northbridge - SiS 671/FX/DX/MX rev. 00, Southbridge - SiS 968 rev. 01. Can I install Mountain Lion on my PC. If not then how to install Snow Leopard on my PC.

I,m new for MAC OSX installation. Mine is a Lenovo PC. Spec - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, ATI Raedon HD4350 512 MB, Mother board By Lenovo. Chipset - Northbridge - SiS 671/FX/DX/MX rev. 00, Southbridge - SiS 968 rev. 01. Can I install Mountain Lion on my PC. If not then how to install Snow Leopard on my PC.
From the forum rules page:

NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported.

... and for people wanting a new Ivy Bridge Hack with no access to App Store (older hack, friends Apple, etc.)... how to proceed?

I started to head towards SB instead (2500K) but after a stalled order (they couldn't supply my Fractal R4 case), I am contemplating a shift to IB (3570K). My hesitation is how to get to the App Store to purchase ML and create the ML thumb drive (my old PC is AMD!). My three options are:

> Use one of my SSDs to try to kick start my wife's png Vaio up to ML and purchase from app store.
> Buy a second (disposable) CPU - G530 for £35 and use this to purchase ML from app store and start again with the new processor once I have created the USB ML installer.
> It's only a Tock die-shrink... ignore the extra performance and stick with the 2500K!

The 3570K is the same price as the 2500K for better geekbench, better use of Z77 Mobo features and better built-in GPU. Looks like other noobs are in a similar position having invested in IB and wondered how best to get to IB without access to any Apple machines!

sorry if this has been discussed... but i can't seem to find it anywhere in the forums...
as useralecorbera stated the snow leopard cd isn't sold anymore and I live in Turkey where 1-800 apple is not an option for me yet i have a copy of the installation disc that came out of my core 2 duo 24" inch mid 2009 imac.(which im planning on replacing with my hack build) In terms of licensing will i be able to use this copy on my hack with the i boot& multi beast method? I apologize once again if this is a noob question

sorry if this has been discussed... but i can't seem to find it anywhere in the forums...
as useralecorbera stated the snow leopard cd isn't sold anymore and I live in Turkey where 1-800 apple is not an option for me yet i have a copy of the installation disc that came out of my core 2 duo 24" inch mid 2009 imac.(which im planning on replacing with my hack build) In terms of licensing will i be able to use this copy on my hack with the i boot& multi beast method? I apologize once again if this is a noob question
No, it can only be used on that iMac.

But you can use that iMac to purchased Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store and then use the UniBeast + MultiBeast method.

Yes but if I'm correct the Mountain Lion in the App store is only an update and will not work without a full version of either SL or Lion? Isn't this why I absolutely need a full copy of the OS installed first before I can update to ML? or can i boot directly only with the ML app that I downloaded for 20 dollars?

EDIT:figured it out :) thanks anyway

Snow Leopard can be purchased by calling apple's toll-free number and purchasing a license for $29.99, then they send you a link with download instructions

Back