RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just disable the EIST option in BIOS and set CPU Clock Ratio to the multiplier which is appropraite for you. I set the RAM to use X.M.P. Memory Profile too.

What I found astonishing is that speed stepping is still working...
(I never tried this method because I believed speed step would be off then)

Thanks to
kigger012!

Just disable the EIST option in BIOS and set CPU Clock Ratio to the multiplier which is appropraite for you. I set the RAM to use X.M.P. Memory Profile too.

Thanks to
kigger012!

Interesting. I`m really keen to try overclocking with my rig. After setting your bios, did you have to change anything in your config.plist?

No. Just disabling EIST was enough.
Never thought it could be so simple.

Thanks to
kigger012!

Im glad I can help~~

Guys, I`ve managed to overclock to 4ghz for a start. This is my first overclock with my rig. What is your take on Hyper threading? I have a dual monitor setup and love multitasking, so I imagine on a daily basis it should make a difference. But how much is os x actually using it?

Also, regarding the config.plist and programs recognising your tweaked frequency rather than the stock frequency. Is there a way so that the system and programs recognise my overclocked frequency? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry christophsan - it seems that you have to google a lot.
1. HT has nothing to do with OS. Its a feature of the CPU. Read about this.
2. The programms have nothing to do with overclocking. Read much more...
:p

I'm runnig El Capitan form last month on Eve Bridge(thanks to tonymacx86.com). I have cleared allmast every problem with the system and planing to move permanent on OSX (over Windows SSD). But... the oveclock and sleep don't like each ather. The best resaut thet I get was 4.0Ghz turbo clock. If I get higher it won't wake from sleep. If I try to OC the memory its the same. My i5-3570k can run at [email protected] ([email protected]) and RAM at 2000mhz CAS11 with windows...

That's my first post in the forum.

edit: Is there a chance to have problems form SMBIOS setings? I set them with the magic tool.
And can't disable CPU PLL valtige in the ASUS UEFI BIOS , these is no disable, just Auto and numbers.
I'm using the stepspeed.

What kind of Mac did you set in SMBIOS?

What kind of Mac did you set in SMBIOS?

Its Mac mini.
And its sleeping :thumbup: after some tweaks.
I delete all the data in SMBIOS exept the serial number and chaked the "True" tick. And now is detecting Mac mini 6.1 again. I enable memory XMP profiles in Clover.
I disabled Internal CPU PLL voltige and Intel step speed in BIOS. Disable ASUS core enhancer.
And surprisely El Capitan is changing the multiplayer and the clock is not fixed! :crazy:
I disable the suspend mode via terminal for long time sleep stability.

With all that now can boot, run and sleep with overclock at 4.4Ghz(with +0.06v offset) and mem @1866 CAS10. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back