Contribute
Register

Simple question: How to see if qe/ci is working on my hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire 7745G-5454g64mnks
CPU
i5 450M
Graphics
HD 5650 1600x900 // GMA HD
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
as title says:
How to see if my hackintosh is running with qe/ci?
Please don't tell me "see the menu bar if it's translucent"...i want a technical info...
How to say if i'm running just with ci and not qe, or viceversa?

Thank you all

as title says:
How to see if my hackintosh is running with qe/ci?
Please don't tell me "see the menu bar if it's translucent"...i want a technical info...
How to say if i'm running just with ci and not qe, or viceversa?

Thank you all

Look in ioreg under your graphics device. Use IORegistryExplorer...

Look in ioreg under your graphics device. Use IORegistryExplorer...
could you please be more specific? i opened ioregistry, i searched fot "graphics device" but i don't know what to read... :S

could you please be more specific? i opened ioregistry, i searched fot "graphics device" but i don't know what to read... :S

Graphics device could be GFX0/IGPU (especially if you renamed it), VID, AGP1, etc...

This is from my desktop (renamed GFX0 to IGPU):

Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.02.00 AM.jpg

Graphics device could be GFX0/IGPU (especially if you renamed it), VID, AGP1, etc...

This is from my desktop (renamed GFX0 to IGPU):

View attachment 86348

Hi RehabMan,
I have the same question 'cause I'm not familiar with IOREG, according to your pic, I can't find something like QE or CI under the graphic card, could you please be more spesific?

Thanks in advance,

Hi RehabMan,
I have the same question 'cause I'm not familiar with IOREG, according to your pic, I can't find something like QE or CI under the graphic card, could you please be more spesific?

Thanks in advance,

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

--

Also please provide information about your laptop in your profile/signature.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for you quick reply, I have updated my profile, here is my IOReg file, but I think that I already have QE/CI enabled since I can play Bluray Disc :thumbup:
My question is, when I checked 'About my Mac ' info I've noticed that the Graphics memory displayed is 1536MB instead of 1024MB, knowing that I've already injected my graphics card code into my DSDT, please see the files attached, you'll see that the NVCAP and Totalsize values in the IOreg didn't change according to the DSDT code, seems like something keeps that values from changing, any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Edit: Inquiry cancelled.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for you quick reply, I have updated my profile, here is my IOReg file, but I think that I already have QE/CI enabled since I can play Bluray Disc :thumbup:
My question is, when I checked 'About my Mac ' info I've noticed that the Graphics memory displayed is 1536MB instead of 1024MB, knowing that I've already injected my graphics card code into my DSDT, please see the files attached, you'll see that the NVCAP and Totalsize values in the IOreg didn't change according to the DSDT code, seems like something keeps that values from changing, any idea?

Thanks in advance,

This ioreg clearly shows Nvidia graphics drivers working.

But since this is not a laptop, your post is off-topic for the laptop section.

This ioreg clearly shows Nvidia graphics drivers working.

But since this is not a laptop, your post is off-topic for the laptop section.

Sorry about that!

@RehabMan Can you check is my qe/ci working?And what should i do to get my cpu working properly..now its working on 1.2ghz,but it should on 2.5 .. i enabled p,c states,drop ssdt,and enabled c2 states?
i uploaded file from IOregistryExplorer

Attachments

• Dragan’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    326.9 KB · Views: 283
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back