Contribute
Register

Simple Plug n Play USB Audio Device for OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i personally own that device..And u would have no kexts or anything to install.It is plug and play on any mac osx.i have mavericks now working flawlessly...U would also be amazed at the great quality in sound it produces for the price....

You can get Creative Soundblaster XF-i Surround 5.1 USB or the Omni one for 15-30 EUR used... go for one of those. Works like a charm out of the box. Don't waste your time on Behringer UCA 202 or similar if you want 5.1 DTS/DD pass-through.

The Xonar U7 arrived today. The audio is, as far as I can hear, just as good as the Asus Xonar DX which is a PCI-express card that I used previously.

I've been thinking about this one, too - can you confirm that this is a regular Xonar U7, and not the Echelon Edition, which expressly lists the OSX support while the specs for the basic version don't mention it?

41h4OoxW10L._SY300_.jpg
Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack
Audio Adapter Works fine too!

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-3-5mm-Jack-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0058P0I2C

I've found this to be an excellent solution. Thanks,.....

:thumbup:The SYBA USB works on my Yosemite build OOB no tweaks needed at all for basic sound thru monitor speakers.

Last edited:
You can get Creative Soundblaster XF-i Surround 5.1 USB or the Omni one for 15-30 EUR used... go for one of those. Works like a charm out of the box. Don't waste your time on Behringer UCA 202 or similar if you want 5.1 DTS/DD pass-through.
The Creative Soundblaster XF-i Surround 5.1 USB works out of the box? It is not listed as a mac compatible device on Creative's web site and it is not listed as a device with mac driver/software available:
http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=110677

Could you please shed some light on how this works out of the box? I'm interested in getting this if this is the case. I have read about people getting this working but there was a fair amount of work involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back